1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clutch help needed

Discussion in 'Tech' started by rev395, Feb 28, 2004.

1. rev395

rev395 head carpetbagger

ok I am replacing my clutch in my f4 with an aftermarket clutch kit..... in the manual it says that the stock innermost and outermost friction plates are different from the plates in between ..my question is how do you tell the difference? i am going to put them in in the order they were in the packaging from barnett because i cant tell any difference from any of them unless anybody has heard different....anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

thanks

Paul
    nov 679

2. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

The innermost spring on the stock clutch pack has a larger ID than the others to clear the judder spring setup.

I do not think that Barnett does the same. If this is the case then you can either remove the judder spring assembly and install all the Barnett plates or you can keep the judder spring assembly by installing the correct stock Honda plate there and leave one of the Barnett plates out.

3. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Most barnett kits you remove the two thin "judder" springs and run a steel in their place.

4. rev395

rev395 head carpetbagger

ok I rplaced all the discs and plates with the ones supplied by barnett...I also installed the springs that came with the kit.....does this alleviate my problem or should i put the honda inner plate back in?......I really couldn't notice a change in the I.D. of the plates, but i will check them with my verners...thanks

Paul
    nov 679

5. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Just run the barnett plates and steels. The stock inner plate inside dia. should be smaller than the other plates so the judder springs have a place to go. They would hit a std. steel. Also the inner most plate should be smaller so it does not hit the judder springs.