1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Actuator adjusting?

Discussion in 'General' started by pcb122, Oct 22, 2006.

1. pcb122

pcb122 Well-Known Member

Last week I picked up a gsxr600 for track use. It runs fine except when I really gas it, I think the clutch slips. The bike accelerates, then the tire stops grabbing while the the revs climb - been happening in 2nd so far. Is this a common problem with the gsxrs. I've been reading on cable adjustments which could be the problem or the "clutch actuator". Should I put more free play or less into the clutch lever to help solve the problem. Also, what should I do to check the clutch actuator. Any help would be great.

2. attackpainter

attackpainter Well-Known Member

Just save yourself the trouble and put a new clutch in it. If its a stock unit then it definetley needs replaced.

3. flypigs

flypigs Cold turkey since 2003

Digging deep in the memory bank here.. On the clutch actuator, loosen the lock nut, then gently turn the screw in until it makes contact.

Back out the screw 1/4 of a turn, and lock it in place.

After you've done that, adjust your lever so that it begins to engage in the middle of it's "throw".

If your clutch still slips, you do in fact need a new set of clutch plates.

Pete

4. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Correct

5. pcb122

pcb122 Well-Known Member

sweet; the exact info I was looking for. Do any of you know if it could potentialy be the clutch basket or these grooves that I've been reading about or would all that come with a new clutch kit? Also, I know that OEM clutch is the best way to go - anyone know where to get a good deal on one? Thanks again for the help fellas