1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climate Change debate rages on..

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Kelbor, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Not too hard to figure out which side of the debate the author comes down on. I think his unspoken conclusion was that 100 per cent of religious conservatives are too stupid for their own good, and that enlightened liberals need to find a way to make these poor benighted fools see the light.

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

There is a large contingent of people (total nutbars) that strongly advocate putting "deniers" in jail.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That was pretty much it. Just the use of the term "deniers" says it all about the author's viewpoints.
    This is the point every progressive seeks to make in every discussion.
    "If you disagree with my point of view, you must be stupid, for there can only be one correct point of view, and that's mine".

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Scam! The article and global al goring.

6. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Denial based on Political and/or Religious affiliation.

Doesn't seem that far-fetched to me.

IME, people who believe strongly in something are usually loath to accept facts that contradict their deeply held beliefs. I think the term is cognitive dissonance.

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The true deniers are those that deny real science (not the fake, pick and choose bullshit of the AlGore fan club) and still put faith in the church of man made global warming.
    The real morons.

8. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

What a crock of shit that article is. First the question is stupid "do you believe in climate change"? Well considering that the climate has been changing since before this rock cooled from cluster of cosmic debris, yes it is occuring. Question is, is it due solely to man's influence or is it a natural evolutionary process? Then the question becomes: what are the effects, what are our actions (and their repercussions) if any, and what resources do we invest. I am all about minimizing man's impact, but I am not crazy about jumping in all willy-nilly without having any idea what the outcome is.

9. ton

ton Arf!

so, what is the real science?

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You have the internet. There is plenty of truth out there, not just the pick-and-choose bullshit.

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

What would you state is 'real science?'

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

This is pretty much the argument any person/group makes when others don't agree with their view, not just liberals.

:Poke:

13. ton

ton Arf!

how do i know who to trust? how do i know that it's not just something that someone else picked/chose? point me to a good source.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Way far fetched.

I hate all politicians. I have no religious affiliation.

I like facts.

My issue is that idiots like that author aren't talking natural climate change which is of course happening. Hell, it happens between seasons in most places. But he's talking about man made - and there is no real proof that exists.

Find me facts. Not made up science shit from both sides (because they both lie) but full on real proof.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There isn't one. But some of it isn't too hard to figure out.

Look at the volcanic eruptions recently in Iceland that shut down European air travel. Look at how much stuff between gases and particulates that were put in the air. Now, how much was our climate affected this year from that eruption and the quantity of "greenhouse" gases is spewed? If they were truly such a major issue with climate why are we seeing no real change?

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

They are total nutbars. Why put those people in jail?

We simply can't suffer the Deniers to live. Round them all up and shoot or gas them. As long as the bullets are lead free and the poisonous gas doesn't have a greenhouse effect.

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

A geology text and fossil records would be a good start.

Very few people believe the climate is not changing. It is mans influence that is in question. IMO, if you follow the money you get a more true indication of what is really happening. If I am not mistaken, it is the climate change prophets that are making shit tons of money off of climate change and most climate change research is funded by governments.

18. SGVRider

You simply aren't as smart as the climatologists and their advocates, that's the issue. Their ability to read chicken entrails and tea leaves is far greater than you can ever hope to achieve.

Lies. Money has nothing to do with it. It's all for the children. People like you who care nothing for the children sicken me. You obviously want your great great grandchildren to sprout gills and grow webbed feet just like Kevin Costner in that future history documentary.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  19. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

I guess the other interesting thing about that article and this place is that they at no time stated the source of change to be "Man Made" or "Natural"...they only talk about the belief that the climate is changing or not.

Only you guys instantly pick a side and start pecking at each other. The reason I posted the article is because I find it interesting when they take a few facts

“Climate change denial is up 7 percentage points this year.”
    “One in five Americans now deny that climate change is occurring.”

and look to demographics to try to discern the pattern. As stated, of course the climate is changing - it has been doing so since this ball of material we live came into existence. This article only routes out the variables that may explain the stated facts.

Let the battle continue!

20. SGVRider

Who actually reads the article before forming an opinion and attacking?

:crackhead: