1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning tire tracks off of fairing?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Dave Wolfe, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

So half of my fairing is covered in one big huge smear of tire rubber from getting t-boned. Any tips for removing it? Paint is cheap rattle can with no clear coat.

2. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

Sand paper and more cheap rattle can with no clear coat :D

emry likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The best thing I've found to remove all the rubber streaks that inevitably end up on the bottom of my white belly pan is Mother's Cleaner Wax. I have an old can that's probably 3/4's as old as me... just doesn't seem to run out.

[​IMG]

Shocker likes this.
  4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Wd40

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  5. Dave Wolfe

Heres a pic

Attached Files:

6. Eight Screws

Eight Screws Well-Known Member

I use Plexus on my rubber marks, seems to work well

Granted not quite a severe as yours but worth trying before going to the sandpaper

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Wd40 works for me.

8. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Thats what I use as well. Works great!

9. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Another +1 for WD40

10. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I'd leave that shit on there, looks "days of thunder" badass.

11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I'd even take that shit further and sharpie " Rubbin's Racin' " on the side. Really throw that intimidation out there. Then get some of those mad max wheel spikes too.

badmoon692008 and Britt like this.
  12. Dave Wolfe

Yeah but its been crashed since that pic. Now its just ugly!!!!
    I dont have any WD40 around but PB Blaster on a rag is taking it off with a little effort.

13. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Odorless Kerosene. Put it in a spray bottle and you can also use ti to clean the grime off ur chain and underside of ur bike.

14. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Someone with rattle canned fairings cares about what their bike looks like? This is a first for me. :D

TLR67 likes this.
  15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I know... after looking at the pic I would be more concerned with the grass in the front rim and tire and the fiberglass work..

16. Dave Wolfe

Brutal guys, brutal!! Im gonna find me a crayon and make a map!

After that crash that went with the pic, the forks were leaning to the side a few degrees as well.

Any preferred body filler for race fairing cracks n stuff? Bondo?

TLR67 likes this.
  17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Cracks need glass... holes, pits and scratches bondo..did the bike go end over end?

18. Dave Wolfe

The bad stuff is alrrady glassed. I bounced the rt side against a lil curb. Two rt side crashes and it just needs a bit of TLC. Time to buy some bondo!! U know, new season, gotta get it lookin pretty so all those sponsor $$$$'s will come my way....

19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

There are some companies out there that actually sell new race bodywork. Might be worth considering. Then your old stuff is what we call spares. They will never be used, but you can include them as "spares" in the ad when you sell the bike and raise the price.

badmoon692008 likes this.