1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning things up south o’ the border...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Nov 7, 2019.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Most of the Fentanyl comes from China and the
    theory is that they are using it to help destabilize
    our society.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Funny story:

Fentanyl is so potent that if you touch a pile of (pure) it with your fingertip, you'll absorb so much transdermally that you will OD and die.

While looking for something that was even stronger..... :rolleyes: ..... researchers came across loperamide, which chemically should be 300 times more potent than fentanyl, but the molecule is too large to pass through the blood-brain barrier, so it doesn't kill people when they take it. It still does a right good job of plugging up the bowels, however, so it was marketed under the name Imodium as an anti-diarrheal.

Back to your regularly scheduled Mexico/WOD bashing...

Fonda Dix likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They talked about that on the podcast and said it wasn’t really true.

4. auminer

"They" are full of shit. o_O

Perhaps "they" should lay off the imodium.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do you know anyone that’s died from touching fentanyl? They pass the shit out like candy at the hospital. My 16 year old nephew got a ton of it after knee surgery.

It’s potent, yes, but it’s not “instant death” potent.

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You talking about the guy on Joe Rogan a few days ago ?

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yeah. But I’ll admit I didn’t listen to the whole show because the tone of that guy’s voice was getting on my nerves.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There is carfentanyl, which is much
    more potent than fentanyl. They use
    it on large animals.

9. auminer

Do you know anyone who has ever seen, much less touched, a pile of chemically pure fentanyl?

10. auminer

Oh... my bad. A guy on a podcast hosted by an MMA announcer said so.

That's infinitely more authoritative than a PDR. :rolleyes:

Skter505 likes this.
  11. Banditracer

Well you are right, that is what he said and I think it's true. You can't absorb it thru your skin, needs to be inhaled. So if it's stirred up at all and in the air a tiny whiff is enough. That's why it kills drug sniffing dogs, they find it with their nose and wham, they've inhaled enough to kill them.

12. auminer

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Those aren’t just fentanyl. They have some sort of transdermal delivery system. They fact that they’re worn for hours, or even days, should be evidence enough that you can’t OD from touching the powder with your fingertip.

14. auminer

Jesus. Can you read?

[​IMG]

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I wasn’t replying to that post cockmunch. I hadn’t even seen it yet since the message took me straight to the one I did reply too.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Uh-oh. Low-T rage a-coming!

Fonda Dix and auminer like this.
  17. auminer

So... cockmunch? LOL... Stay classy. :beer:

Anyway... Now that we've gotten it through your thick skull that fentanyl CAN BE uptaken transdermally... let's work on the concept of PURITY.

JFC how does the beeb devolve into such puerile arguments??? :crackup::crackup:

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Puerile participants?

I know when we were doing hospice care for Mom, we had to wear gloves when applying the fentanyl patch she was prescribed (in addition to morphine) to avoid exposure.

Does fentanyl work similar to morphine that a dosage the eases pain for someone in severe pain can kill someone that is not needing relief?

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

T, E? Whatever it takes. It’s always the same with the common denominator. :crackup:

20. Banditracer

What or who is PDR ?

Have you ever listened to any of Joe's podcasts ? He has some knowledgeable and interesting people on quite often, and some funny as hell other days. I wouldn't dismiss his show out of hand if you've never listened just because of his other jobs.