1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classifieds Breakdown

Discussion in 'General' started by SClark, Jun 17, 2002.

1. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

I'm currently shopping for a trailer, and am spending a lot of time in the classifieds threads. Unfortunately, filtering out the non-trailers is more laborious than desired. Yes there is a search function, but not everyone seems to understand the importance of a good subject title.

So, if it pleases the kangaroo court, may I propose some category breakdowns under the classifieds section?
    (First off, I don't know if the BB software supports this, so if it doesn't, the point is moot.)

There could still be a General Parts section, but perhaps a couple specific things like:

Bikes (Complete)
    Haulers & Trailers (Transportation??)
    Leathers
    Exhausts
    Bodywork
    Motors
    Ride Share
    Everything must Go! / Yard Sale / Wife says, "Racing or me?!"
    Love for sale

---

Pros & cons welcome.

2. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Hey is there something we should Know. Are you making extra money on the side or would that section be for Eric and Hammie?
    :eek:

3. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

The search function doesn't just search the title, it searches the body of the text too.

4. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Its a good idea but...

Do you REALLY think the people here will be that organized?
    You still have for sale posts in the general and other threads. Hell even moderator "mis-posts". :D

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Steve, it took me two clicks, one pull down select, and the typing of "trailer" to determine that there are 83 trailers ads in the classifed section of the BBS.

If this is too much trouble for you, I'd suggest a different line of work ... aren't you a database guy? :)

The "search" feature of the BBS is a good one. I say leave the current format alone. If you split up the catagories, not only will people not put them in the proper place, you might miss out on something you want.

6. texasF4

texasF4 Tallest Guy at the Track

Maybe just suggest year, make and model only in the subject/title - for the best chance of having your merchandise found by a prospective buyer.

7. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

Check out LordSV169's 24' trailer in the classifieds.

I went and looked at it, but it was a little too big to fit next to my garage.

It is real nice, especially for the money.

I went out and bought almost the exact same Vintage brand trailer, but a 20 footer.

See http://teamworm.8m.net/photo6.html for pics of mine.

P.S. John Lord, give me a call.

Eddie

8. Charcoal-Pit-Racing

Charcoal-Pit-Racing Well-Known Member

Rusnak_322 the pop-ups on your page are awful!

(nice trailer):)

9. lance

lance Well-Known Member

we have got many trailers to choose from give us a call at 1-800-711-3241 thank you

10. SClark

Yes, I am a database guy. In my experience, I have learned that you don't create a better Search mechanism, instead, ou design a better database. :p

I agree that there is still no cure for stupidity, but, if you build it, they will learn.

11. SClark

Lance,

Check your email account that is associated to the BBS!