1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Cars, Trucks, etc ..

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Oct 4, 2023.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

2. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Interesting mix on their current inventory. I'd love to pick up an old square body or el camino but I can't justify current prices knowing what my dad paid for some of those new when I was a kid.

dtalbott likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

He used to pay .19 a gallon for gas too, but unless you've gone electric you are paying more than Pops!! :)

Rebel635 and dtalbott like this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Bugslayer and BigBird like this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Every time I start to think that classic car prices are insane, I check out new truck prices.

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Phl218 likes this.
  7. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Maple Motors always has a decent variety of cars I like.
    Those other places have too much junk and snooty cars mixed in… JMO

https://www.maplemotors.com/

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

:crackup:

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The 65 Mustang at $31.5K isn't too bad considering some of the prices I've seen. I like it.

10. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

11. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

that 69 pro touring camaro is a real beauty!!! DAMN!!!

12. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

So because something is old is must be worth more now than what it cost new? I get that gas, groceries, cars, housing costs more than it did 40 years ago but people have lost their Effing minds in the last 5-10 years in the name of nostalgia in what they will pay for "classic" cars.

13. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

And in what they'll pay for new cars, too.

14. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I, along with most of my friends who grew up in the 70's and 80's take a lot of credit for this. When I was in the High School in the mid 80's, 60's and 70's muscle cars were a dime a dozen and more importantly, cheap. Especially big block cars. Nobody wanted those gas guzzlers.
    We would buy them, neglect or crash them and move on to the next hot rod. We depleted the market of rust free (body work sucks) special edition American card to the point that they were scarce. I owned at least 6 big block early 70's cars myself as well as a few nice pony cars, not to mention the ones we bought just to fix and flip. Back then it was considered to really bad form to upbadge a car into a more desirable model which due to scarcity is now considered a "tribute car" and somehow more valuable than the real deal. There is nothing wrong with a 'bu, but it sure wasn't an SS which honestly could be had pretty easily back then.

To everyone getting $50-$60K fir a dolled up base model, You're welcome. To the rest of you, I truly am sorry.

15. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

So you sold your 1980s 30 thousand dollar home in 2020 for same money right? Right?!

it’s like you weren’t around or had amnesia of muscle car and classic car prices in 2000s up to 2008.

We’re at 2008 right now.
    cheap money is gone….

16. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

So you hate capitalism? And therefore America? This same basic pattern with collectible automobiles has repeated itself over and over and over again with every generation for at least the past 60 years.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It isn't that they are old, it's that they are scarce. There are plenty
    of old cars out there that aren't worth shit.

Sabre699 and OldGuyOnBlu like this.
  19. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Whaaaat?

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023