1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classes

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Hyper08, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Hyper08

Hyper08 Well-Known Member

I have a Ducati 749s. I have had it for a while and plan on attending the EB school in Feb or Mar to get my license. I really like the tracks and schedule for WERA this next year. There are a lot more WERA events close to central Indiana than some of the other organizations but are there any classes it will fit in well with WERA? There are some classes in another organization that the Ducati fits into well but Blackhawk isn't that close and it's the only Midwest trackthat is on their schedule that I could get to. I'm going to be slow enough at first that mixing it up in the middleweight groups or HWT twins doesn't sound appealing.

I don't have to keep the Duc but I have it setup for me, am comfortable on it and like it.

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

It looks like the 749s fits in C and HWT. Perhaps you should look at finding an air-cooled Ducati and race the smaller classes or a 748 and run V-7.

Ken

3. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

When I did my first race weekend on my CBR 600RR I actually ran F1, AS, and BS. They were smaller classes and I wanted to get my feet wet. That was probably overkill but I was happy to be on the track.