1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civil war imminent?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by L8 Braker, Jun 28, 2018.

1. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

kangasj, Banditracer, plater1 and 4 others like this.
  2. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

It wouldn't be an interesting affair. It would be a goddamn tragedy, and we'd never recover. People who get hard-ons over this idea don't think it through to it's final logical conclusion. It's not 1865 anymore. We're in this together, like it or not.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No. Civil wars aren't usually fought over social ideology. They're either fought over money or ethnicity. What's more likely is that this bullshit pushes us into some sort of totalitarian one party government with no check and balances, which will THEN lead us to an eventual civil war as the government pushes the people down to the point that they revolt.

4. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

I feel like it’s already happening. Just without guns. People are attacked all day, both verbally and physically, over their political views. Hell, we even have that crazy biatch Maxine Waters from Cali calling for her side to intentionally harass anyone that’s in the republican side.

Killswitch likes this.
  5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Who is going to start the civil war? Have teams already been drawn up or do I need to wait to see who starts it and what they want?

I believe almost everyone would protect family and property from any threats and that's about it.

Any group that attempted to start this would have to gain enough traction and have enough strength to overcome a US Federal Gov't response to an insurgency...or prolong it enough to make that the deciding point for sides based on their increasing strength of a massive federal over-reach in response (cancelling elections etc.)

Redrodent1 likes this.
  6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

We are in a civil war of sorts. The left is just taking small steps and winning small battles. Every time the right compromises on some small individual rights issue they are losing a battle, albeit a small one. This is all done for the greater good and progressive politics because the left thinks the right is a bunch of redneck hillbillies. The mistake is the elite leftist can’t see the forest for the trees in their massive towers.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well...I'd prepare to be disappointed because it's likely to happen before most of us get off this rock.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  9. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

HBO made a film, 'The Second Civil War' in 1997. Interestingly, the catalyst was immigration.

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Anyone shocked that this has become a real discussion hasn't been paying attention.
    When you have Leftards actually PHYSICALLY attacking people attending a Presidential rally and or shutting conservative speakers down at colleges, townhalls, etc. by threatening riots....it doesn't take a genius to see bad times are ahead of us.

gixxerreese, Banditracer and Phl218 like this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The problem isn't the attacks, it's the inability of the police or even the general public to protect themselves against the attacks because the media would label them as racists/homophobes/etc.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The media is the left, for the most part. That has been true for many decades now.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, I’m prepared to defend myself. I don't welcome it but I’m prepared non the less.

Raceless man likes this.
  14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Si vis pacem, para bellum

15. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more - it's almost like history is an abstract concept these days. Ask people what typically happens to a nation's economy and currency when they are in a civil war - blank stares; ask them about the win loss record of the most powerful standing military in the world's history when engaging in conflicts with people that are militarily outmatched - blank stares; ask them do other nations usually join in with "advisers" money and weapons to serve their own agendas and prolong the carnage - blank stares; ask them how much geritol, ben-gay and TRT is going to be necessary to get all the old guys off the couch to actually join into the fight that they are itching for - blank fucking stares.

Chino52405 and JBarx like this.
  16. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

Exactly what I was driving at.

17. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Civilizations are dynamic and all go thru the same thing
    [​IMG]

Lawn Dart likes this.
  18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

War is always ugly, and this one is not necessary. Not even close to that. I expect the most that will happen is some isolated incidents that I would more call terrorism. Not too unlike some of what has been going on. More civil unrest than civil war.

19. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Edit: Somebody beat me to posting the cycle.

20. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

SHIT! You posted while I was posting... I got distracted by stupid day job mid-post.