1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christie and Fiorina are Both Out.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Shyster d'Oil, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

If Bern was elected...NOTHING would be done....Who is going to support that shit?? Oh wait...see my above Posts...THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.

The Education System had been "Learning" the Kids with all the EVERYONE SHARES SHIT, Everyone is a WINNER Shit...

We are FKED.

Fonda Dix and speeddaddy like this.
  2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This.

3. I guess that's better than Greecing the US. :D

How much have you read? For the four terms he was in charge of a budget, he's amassed a pretty big surplus. Granted Burlington is obviously tiny compared to the US, but similar principles apply. I have no reason to believe that he will spend more than he takes in.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You think he is just going to grow a magic money tree and pluck off enough to pay for free shit for everybody promises that have all of the idealistic people cheering his name?
    He is either:
    A) Lying out his ass and has no intention of doing any of what he promises.
    B) Counting on being able to tax the shit out of everyone to pay for the increased spending.
    C) Has no fucking idea how to balance a check book, let alone a budget and is in way over his head.

None of those 3 options really give me that much confidence that Bernie will be good for the country.

Rebel635 and XFBO like this.
  5. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Ha Ha! That's got to be driving him nuts! Lol

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just started reading up on his promised economic plans about a month ago. His one payee health care program (medicare for all for lack of an easier way to describe it) is project to cost around $6.5 Trillion up front. Yeah, it'll save maybe $1 Trillion by allowing the gooberment to limit costs (doctor fees, drugs, etc) but where is $5 Trillion going to come from? "I'll tax the 1% and the businesses!" and the gooberment is a great negotiator. :rolleyes:
    Then there's free college for all. Low estimates on costs is $ 1 Trillion on the low end. "I'll tax the 1% and the businesses."

Where is the info beyond "I'll tax the 1% and corporations?"

I'm one of those businesses and my rate is ~ 20%. I can't hire or expand because my estimated taxes for 2016. I'm not a 1%er but under the current tax plan and Big Ears I'm f@cked. Under Bernie's plans, I'm done and closing down.

At least with Hillary you know that she'll leave most businesses alone other than strip mining them for her foundation. :rolleyes:

7. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

your not done....you'll just struggle on. your a fighter and self sufficient , thus the business....they're counting on it.

8. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Britt nails it. We need a reset button. Unfortunately the closest thing to that is Trump. If he gets elected and manages to not start WW3, the political game will be changed going forward. For better or worse is yet to be seen, but at this point I'd rather see something different and fail than the status quo which fails anyways.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'll never know WHY....can you share or is it something weird like his dance moves?

[​IMG]

LMAO!!! And you QUIT the RP last year?!?!?!? ROFLMAO!!!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  10. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

WW3 is already started. The rest of what you said, I agree, Trump. If we don't back him we will wind up with the Commie or the Liar from the left.

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Sadly DC is a "Go Along to Get Along" workplace, ALL of the Media is in on it...Everytime there is some shit going on we are'nt suppose to pay attention to they fire up the Ebola, WestNile, AvianFlu, Zika, some fkn Pandemic that is gonna wipe us out...
    Then while they keep us off balance they pass some shit that isn't covered and next thing you know "$10 a barrel tax on oil for Green Energy" or some shit that takes money out of our pockets...so they can fund some shit to line their pockets..

IF you have a person at the top who sheds alittle light on some of this shit, perhaps it will change some...I am not sure Trump is that guy, I don't trust any of them>>> EVER.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, I just couldn't listen to the over the top and fake bible thumping, the I'll roll backs and bullshit any more and have them think I'll swallow it hook line and sinker no matter what. I felt like they just expected my money and my vote with no effort on their part.

The Dung Beetle and JTW like this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So you are for sale, you just don't want to be cheap and easy.

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Eff you Blart!

Now I've got the Truffle Shuffle burned into my retinas. Barf!

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well there ya go, you're showing them! Gooooo Hillary or maybe you'll "Feel the Bern" with RFKA??? :D

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If it comes down to MY sole vote for Cruz or trump to keep Hillary or Sanders out of the office, you're f@cked.

The Dung Beetle likes this.
  17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Noooo......we're ALL fucked.

Hey it is what it is, you're not alone, a LOT of Americans are willing to sink the ship in order to get what 'they' want in a candidate.......it'll be interesting to see what this place will look like as a 3rd world country. :D

18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I appreciate you acknowledging that balancing a city with a 40k population, where 1/4 of the TOTAL population is employed by 2 employers, is tiny compared to the US. The simple principles apply...take in what you spend. However, I don't see how one could even begin to use a comparison of the accounts payable and accounts receivable of a city vs an entire country.

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I hate to say it, but I am with Dave on Trump / Cruz thing.

My voting list - I am really, really, really hoping to avoid the bottom 3. Avoiding the bottom 5 would be good. Other than that I can live with it:
    Kasich (if I was in a closed primary / caucus state this guy would be enough to get me on board as an official Republican)
    Bush
    Rubio (lack of experience is only thing keeping him below Bush)
    Libertarian Candidate
    Bloomberg (he could move up - don't know enough about him and yet won't bother learning unless he gets in the race)
    Carson (not really relevant - I am guessing will be out of the race soon)
    Cruz
    Bernie
    Hillary
    Trump

Being moderately right and moderately libertarian, I believe in the grid instead of the two dimensional political scale. Trump, Hillary and Cruz are too far to the authoritarian side, while Hillary and Bernie are too far to the left economically. Not to mention that Hillary should be in prison and I can't stand Trump's racist, sexist, and religious based hate speech. The man is taking a page right out of Hitler's rise to power. Yeah I went there.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_compass

20. The Republican Party went crazy! I can respect Rockefeller style republicans, but these can't mind their business bible thumpers are nuts!