1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chili Bowl (it's a race Dave)

Discussion in 'General' started by iagsxr, Jan 12, 2017.

1. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

Sitting in Tulsa, running my first Chili Bowl. Qualify tonight. Black 75x car.

Practice Monday went just ok. Not fast, not out to lunch.

If anyone wants to check it out www.chilibowl.com

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

LOL! From the title I thought you were in DC and you were going to ask about Ben's.

I've been here too long. :(

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

This has been on my bucket list for a while, looks like an awesome racing atmosphere. Good luck.

4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

That race is always awesome. My family is in Talladega this weekend racing the ice bowl in the steel head car. Wish I was there.

5. fresh meat

fresh meat Active Member

Good luck! My friend runs a wingless sprint car in Michigan. This is his Super Bowl weekend for the year.

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

My step brother is running there. Kyle Jones running the 2nd Opinion car. I have a long history at the IPE building. I was at the first 13 or so Chili Bowl races. My dad was the plant manager at The Original Chili Bowl company that sponsored the first few races. Then the name just stuck. I miss that race. But I miss when the cars had character and people were trying new things there. But that was back when the pits were half full and we thought that every midget in the country was there. Ha

7. backcountryme

[​IMG]
    That is my dad in the car, and the owner of The Chili Bowl one Mr. Bob Berryhill looking at the car. Shortly after this photo was taken the left rear hub came off the axle and dad flipped so hard the cage collapsed to my dads shoulders.

Razr likes this.
  8. backcountryme

That is his current car.
    [​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  9. backcountryme

Congrats Bell. I heard that Swindell was being a bitch again this year.

10. drop

drop Well-Known Member

When is swindell not a bitch.

backcountryme likes this.
  11. backcountryme

Haha, no kidding. My nephew is the same age as Kevin. They used to play together at the chili bowl every year. Sammy was always a bitch, even around the kids. Hell, Kinser used to have to slap him around at least a couple of times a year.

Ty likes this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Steve Kinser was/is a pretty tough guy. He won a couple high school wrestling titles.

backcountryme likes this.
  13. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Big bump of old thread, but the Chili Bowl will be free to watch tonight on MavTVs Facebook page, or on Lucas Oil TV.
    Been watching for the last 5 days, and tonight's finals should be awesome. 830 broadcast

iagsxr, YamahaRick and Razr like this.
  14. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Its time!

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Someone needs to tell VR46 about this. I bet he would love it.