1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chief Technology Officer Wanted

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Critter

Critter Registered

We are data driven software company in the Powersports business, we are growing and hiring additional staff. If you are interested in working for a fast growing company in the exciting world of motorcycles and powersports keep reading.

We are seeking to hire a Chief Technology Officer with skills in full LAMP stack development, MySql, and PHP. The candidate needs to have a high-level of competence with web development best practices, front end web development, PHP/MySQL, and javascript.

There is a need to be well-versed in responsive design using frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation CSS. The CTO should be familiar with testing for cross browser compatibility issues and load time.

This position will be responsible for guiding all of the companies technology as we grow and add services to our existing customers.

The position is full time in our Denver, NC office and answers directly to the president and CEO of the company.

Requirements:
    • Full-stack web development
    • PHP and MySQL
    • Must be skilled in writing clean, efficient code
    • HTML5 and CSS3
    • jQuery or Javascript

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I just read your requirements and can't figure out 1/10th of what you are asking. I'm out.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He seems to be wanting to hire a web developer but give them a CTO title and salary or he wants a CTO that writes code and pay them like a web developer. The job description doesn't match the job title.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So No Machining my and No Welding is required?

TurboBlew, G 97 and Phl218 like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Any entry level positions?

6. Critter

Critter Registered

No this position is for a CTO level salary that also writes code, the position will also need to work with outside contractors that do programming as well. If you are a CTO you should be able to write code.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I know a retired CTO of a Fortune 100 company who can't even spell the word code.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If you are a CTO you have people that do that. CTO's don't code.

rcarson15, V5 Racer, brex and 7 others like this.
  9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Maybe the position should be titled "Coding Technology Officer" as not to be confused with an executive level leadership position.

ekraft84 likes this.
  10. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

No.

Perhaps work with an IT recruiter so you can target your recruiting efforts more appropriately.

vfrket, Lawn Dart and ekraft84 like this.
  11. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I've been in smaller companies and/or startups where the CTO is a jack of all trades and does some coding, or can at least evaluate code, but definitely not common once you get above a handful of employees. It's pretty hard to do both as it really is 2 completely different mindsets and you have to task switch back and forth.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I'm betting this isn't the outcome you were banking on. :crackup:

13. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

How can you guys know more about what his company needs than he does??

motoboy likes this.
  14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I don't think they're questioning the company's needs so much as the incorrect position title being assigned based on the actual job details.

dickie doo, vfrket, Lawn Dart and 2 others like this.
  15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Sorry, as a fan of The Office, this immediately came to mind:

ts199 and TurboBlew like this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm about 100% sure they need a new website, LOL

www.Gittere.com

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You're going to pay a mid level coder $250k?

dickie doo likes this.
  18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

So far this is exactly what I would have expected.

19. I know and I didn't see sh$t about fuel tanks so we are both screwed, guess that's why I'm still up working listening to people speak Japanese for the last 10 minutes while I just be patient.

20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

If they are I'm gonna find out how to be a mid level coder real fuckin fast.

BigBird, auminer and bleacht like this.