1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chicago hate crime

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Jan 31, 2019.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If CPD has half the brains an agency that old should have, they should have already filed for a CDW for all their phones to include text/data. They can delete all they want, won't make any difference so long as the carriers don't F up.

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

They have
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...er-hail-mary-phone-call/ar-BBTQNmh?ocid=ientp

About a dozen search warrants have now been issued, including ones for Smollett's financial and phone records, and detectives are waiting for those records to come back.

SpeedyE and kangasj like this.
  3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Trump supporters committing racially motivated attacks.
    A crime so rare, one must be manufactured.
    Way to prove a point Jussie! :crackup:
    I love watching TDS sufferers own themselves...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    G 97 likes this.
  4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The community leaders are actually screaming about the resouces. They are complaining about how much manpower is being put into this vs. all the murders. Now, some of that might just be to change the narrative, but it is still the right. In the end though, you really can't blame the CPD for putting a bunch of manpower on this. If they didn't they would have been completely grilled in the national scene. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

5. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I would be surprised to learn CPD have spent alot, JS made it too easy. But factor in USPS, FBI, grand jury prep, and the media interface, it has to above the average casework.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's probably not so much spending money as it is having people working on it who could have been working on other things.
    Unless they weren't all that busy to begin with.

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Whoa, you mean they pay the detectives.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Someone does, and they expect results, dammit.

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Not only that, the racism has to be imported from another country...

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I believe the brothers are citizens on Nigerian descent, not foreign born.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lying about driving or lying about drinking isn't close to the same thing so it'll have no effect on this one. If the judge wants to set an example he'll go to jail, if they want it to just go away he'll be allowed to do some celeb rehab/psych shit and probation at most.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They have enough to subpoena his full phone records so they'll be able to nail him.

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So you are saying this is headed to the 9th district where it will be handled like he shop lifted a candy bar.

SGVRider likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could happen but not sure. I honestly don't know how liberal/harsh the Chicago courts are once people are caught.

15. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

True, but it does show he has priors and was willing to lie to the police. I am guessing since he had no identification, he gave a false name.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was thinking that or he swapped places with a passenger and lied about being the driver. It could have some effect on sentencing but it won't be like this is a second offense of filing a false report.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Chicago averages a shooting every two hours and a murder every 12 hours
    plus many robberies a day so I bet they had better things for those
    detectives to do. I think they only solved something like 17% of the murders
    last year. They're busy.

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

So it just one big CPD not like there are homocide task groups, crimes against property groups, or even celebs that file false reports task groups? I would think the department is busy with crimes against persons but still would guess they did not form a team to solve it but used normal practice. Maybe some extra hours but nothing excessive.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Between the hours people pent looking for cameras and the hours spent going over the footage they could find there was a shit ton of time spent on this for just that portion of it alone. Not sure what excessive would be but a lot of people would have put in a lot of time on just this case on top of other things they're handling. Not like they have down time sitting around the office just waiting on a crime to happen.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A lot of it is a person sitting there fast forwarding through the footage watching for any people to show on it. Time consuming grunt work. Along with knocking on all the doors in the neighborhood.