1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chevy Suburban question

Discussion in 'General' started by Hotfoot, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I'm in the market for a newer Suburban to replace the aged one I have now. I'm looking at used ones and I'd like to find one with adaptive cruise control. Anybody know any way to tell, by looking, whether the vehicle has it or not? On a lot of cars there is a button or extra stem off the steering column that is used to set the following distance, or you can see a sensor on the front. On the used Suburbans the sales people don't seem to know if the feature is on the car or not (some don't even know what it IS), and I'd like to be able to tell, myself, from photos.

I do see one that has an extra button on the steering wheel that looks like a picture of two cars about to collide and I see from YouTube that that button is used to set following distance for ACC, but it also seems like it might be used for forward collision warning on/off or setting so I'm not sure it is a guarantee that it has adaptive cruise.

Anybody know?

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Look up the code in the code sheet and then you can just look at the codes in the glove box and see for yourself.

Edit: looks like its KSG for 2017+ or K59 for 2020

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  3. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it's on the LTZ or Premier package but not the LT. The '17 LT I drove didn't have it. I've got a '17 Premier and it has the ACC. Not sure if it's adjustable or not - it's the wife's DD and I don't drive it much.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll have to look and see where the button is or if it's in the programming. I do have it on my 15, the 14 Tahoe did not, both had/have the LTZ package.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I did discover the button for the lane warning system is on the dash just left of the wheel right where I didn't see it for the entire drive to Cali when the seat vibrator stopped working and the loud ass beeping kicked in :crackup: