1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CHEAP classic/kit/fun cars

Discussion in 'General' started by rk97, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I would build a smart busa if the sub frame kits weren't so expensive.

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I've been seriously considering this, how do you like yours?

3. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I love mine. It handles like it is on rails with just stock Miata suspension and has enough power in the twisties with a stock 1.6(could use a bump for the straights)

The only reason I'm thinking about putting it up for sale is to build out my basement. I'll probably build another when I finish the basement.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Given time, a place to do it and even a smidge of mechanic aptitude I'd like to do the following: a grom with go even slower parts, an alfa romeo 75 and a TR6.

Ultimate would be a Lotus 7 clone from the frame up or even a 993.

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Bunch of damn pinko commie foreign car wanting girlie men! Buy a Dart or a Mustang, dammit!

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

i've always admired the factory five coupe ... not that cheap though...

8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

:stupid:

Build a big block El Camino, paint it primer black with red devil horns on the hood and drive around town flipping everyone off while you do huge rolling burnouts.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Saw a AC Cobra rep this morning, man those are some proper cars.

10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

11. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

:wow:

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

[​IMG]

13. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Yeah. I thought about building one and started doing the research on price and cost to build it right and the way I would want it built. Then added all that together with the amount of time to build if you were really serious about it and man hour cost and just bought one from Backdraft Racing.

[​IMG]

I'd love to have an El Camino project car for something like that. Although maybe not the red devil horns on the hood.

-steve

14. 418

418 Expert #59

You think you could build a Cobra rep for under $40K. Most of the built stuff I see is over $50K+.

15. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Pussy.

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

And it takes forever to finish:mad: but the one i rode in with a 428 in it was scary as shit at 11:crackup::rock:

17. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/mk4-roadster/complete-kit/ MK4 ROADSTER - COMPLETE KIT – $19,990
    The Mk4 Complete kit gives you everything you need to build your car, in one big package of brand new parts. The only things you’ll need are the engine/transmission/rear end, wheels/tires, and a paint job. Seems like it could be done for under 40K

18. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

My buddy just got done completing one for a customer. He said that if you self performed all the work besides a paint job he thought 40K would be the magic number for a nice ride. The build they did was just shy of touching 6 figures but good god was it pretty.

19. mikelg

mikelg Member

I have a 66 gto that I'm been thinking of selling. runs, drives - could use some fresh paint. Parts are readily available. Pretty good cool factor. It's a non matching numbers car so you can do whatever without compromising the originality. Cheapish is relative. lemme know.

20. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I bought a Corvette earlier this year and have loved it. They are easy to find in almost any price range. Easy to work on and fast/loud.