1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charities...argh

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Mar 17, 2004.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

So, is anyone else getting sick of hearing about them in the news? Just this week I hear about another United Way director that got caught scamming over half a million and there was some 9/11 fund that took in several million dollars, has distrubuted 70,000 something and paid some lawyer 570,000.

I cancelled my United Way contributions today and don't plan on giving out any more money to these "Professional" Charity organizations. Greedy bastards....:mad:

2. 600inline4

600inline4 Mentally unstable

United Way

doesn't the United Way president make like $450,000.00 a year?

with a salary like that, why the fuck is he asking me for money?

nonprofit organization my ass.............................:mad: that's almost as bad as the Boy Scouts of America paying District Executive Supervisors 100+ grand a year to sit on their asses and do jack.

"But it's for the kids.............." get bent...................

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Not sure, I'm sure it's well into the 6 digit range. I guess their headquarters in Chicago is huge. Doesn't matter to me anymore. Homie ain't playing that game anymore.........

4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I'll stick to rider relief auctions and raffles. ($1,550 tax write-off for 2003!)