1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cell providers

Discussion in 'General' started by dusty20, Jun 22, 2009.

1. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

sorry if this has been covered before...

I have Centennial right now and have since about 2002-2003, I am looking to get something new and am not planning on going back with Centennial. I have been leaning towards Sprint and AT&T. Plus sides AT&T has the iPhone and pretty cool features like 3g internet and unlimited texting, Sprint has unlimited texting, 3g internet and TV.

I don't really talk on the phone that much, so I could be perfectly happy with a 450 min a month plan as long as it has unlimited nights and weekends. I text all the time so it has to be unlimited texting.

If you could choose which carrier would you go with and what phone would you go with and why?

Thanks.

2. joec

joec brace yourself

I like sprint. Customer service, and billing sucks though. I get my e-bill the day before its due sometimes. Just annoying.

3. dusty20

That would suck. I am looking right now at the Instinct s30 but I have been reading that they downgraded the web service on the s30 as apposed to the original instinct. also the Palm pre is supposed to be pretty good but the keyboard looks so small.

4. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Same boat here as my contract is almost up with sprint, but i wanna get a phone that will allow me to hook it up to a lap top or a pc to provide internet service. I know that I will have to pay for internet on the phone, but jus tring to eliminate the modem. I know the blackberry will do the job, but not into spending that kinda cash.

5. dusty20

If you get the everything data plan or whatever they call it, you can get three different options for minutes- 450, 900, and unlimited. with that plan you get unlimited- tv, internet, and texting. I didn't ask anyone about if you can get the internet to work on your computer, would be pretty neat though.

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

im mostly happy with with my Verizon service

i get a discount through work so its not too bad of a price

billing is the same every month and very easy to pay

you can get online and check all your usage stats easily too so you can see if you need to change anything

also Verizon seems to have great coverage in my area

7. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

Customer service with Sprint just plan sucks.
    For some of the plans that I saw, tethering your phone to a computer costs an extra fee. Sometimes you're better off getting a mobile card/USB modem. From what I have been told when you tether, the speed is slower compared to a card/USB modem and you lose the ability to use the phone while you're tethered.
    So you might as well get a mobile card/USB modem. Usually the additional cost isn't that much when when you consider the additional fee to be able to tether.