1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBR600F4i Emission Controls

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Dave164, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me if I need to disconnect the exhaust control that pumps air from the airbox into the exhaust and if so where. I have seen blanking plates before but this looks a different set up. Is there any advantage, performance wise, to removing it.
    Also there is a bank angle cut out (lean angle) that cuts off the fuel pump and the engine. I unplugged it and the engine will not start so I traced it to the two relays. Can you jumper these out of the system easily or is it best to leave alone.
    Thanks Dave.

2. Dave I don't know about the emissions stuff cuz mine is a 49 state model. However, the bank angle sensor is not the two little relays...the one you want is the bigger one that has like a half circle bottom. You can jumper it out, or fill it full of silicone to keep the metal piece from moving. What I did on mine was I left it connected and just mounted it behind the guages...there is a perfect little spot there to mount it. I've not had any problems with it killing the bike at max lean angle...I thought it would be safer to have it on incase of a crash where fuel is spilled I'd rather it shut the bike down completely you know what I mean.

3. Rocketmann#67

Rocketmann#67 Well-Known Member

I also think is a good idea to leave it on just in case of a tip over. No need to loose a bike because you removed a $10 sensor. I also wouldn't worry about it cutting out on you. It is liquid filled so any movement by the little metal thing inside is slowed, also if you think about it the way it works when you are going through a corner under speed the g-force actually pulls it to the outside of turn. So if you're turning left the metal piece is being pulled to the right. Keeping it around the middle of the sensor. just my $.02