1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBR600f4i bodywork

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Dave164, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

Received the hot bodies kit for the f4i today and everything was going fine until I tried to mount the tail piece. Unless you cut the stock undertail off at the rear just above the light it will not fit. I do not want to cut up the stock plastic undertail so can I run with a fabricated undertail that would close it in. This would also mean fabricating a battery tray. I really want to run this in superstock so I do not wish to run foul of the rules. The hot bodies tail is superstock legal as it retains the original seat. Thanks in advance, Dave.

#249 Well-Known Member

I have the same bobywork on a 2001 F4i and just had to trim some of the undertray where it mounts to the subframe at the rear of the bike (just in front of the tailight). I kept the battery tray and remaining undertray intact.

3. Dave164

I have just checked and to get it to line up I would have to cut the two taller pieces off that hold the rear light in which means when I put it back to road trim would mean buying the complete undertail. If I remove the part that is just a strengthner in the stock tail the hole locations in the hot bodies tail miss by 3/4". This tail has some imitation lights? in it so it may be different.

4. Dave164

Could anyone confirm that if I fabricate an undertail ("in a workmanlike manner") and with ("no aerodynamic advantage") I will still be able to run in superstock.

5. Devilredr6

Devilredr6 Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure you can with no problem. Someone would have to complain about it, and I doubt they would.

Try Ebay, you might be able to find one.

6. Bricef4

Bricef4 Active Member

I have the airtech tail, and I have a fabicated undertail peice made of hard plastic. I have never had any problems getting through tech. :D

7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Check with the salvage yards. Brand new, the inner fender is less than $100, so, you could probably get a pretty good deal from a chop shop.

8. Dave164

Thanks for the information, I will keep checking e-bay but time is running out so I think I will make something temporary for now.

9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

#249 Well-Known Member

I've passed

through many tech sessions with the HotBodies tail and a piece of smoke plexiglass cut to fit under the tail. I did it to keep from getting all the shi-ate thrown up into my PCIII and battery area.