1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB400F - V2 Help

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Sprinky, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Oh mighty BBS, I've been trolling here for a long time and am finally making the jump to racing. Here's the deal, this year will be strictly V7 on my F2, but I am in the process of putting together my old '75 CB400F. For starters I am wondering what kindof of options are out there for suspension components and tires. I haven't found much on the searches for this. Am I relegated to buying old Konis or Redwings from ebay, and trying to hack them in to work? I haven't found much from the aftermarket suspension suppliers either that look to be decent for racing. Also, what are you guys running for tires? I know that slicks are out, but what is out there that is good, or at least the most common choice?

I should explain that I am bringing this bike back to life. It was the first bike that I ever bought, and couldn't bring myself to sell it ever. I can't wait to get it out there by next year for sure.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

you can run ikon shocks, the company bought out Koni's motorcycle division, same shock, rebuildable, 4 adjustments for preload, 4 for rebound.
    http://www.ikonsuspension.com/

I use them on the CB400 I ran for Bob Stanley and plan to run for Carol Stanley when its ready & refreshed for V2 in 2008.

Run Avon's or Dunlop Vintage racing tires, IMO Dunlops are better but not worlds better and Avons are better in the wet, again IMO.

AM22 110/80/18 rear, I think it is a AM20 90/90/18 front but I'll have to check that. those are avon sizes.

Also check out http://www.ttr400.com/

I'm heading out to more my daughter from Salisbury, NC to Hope Mills, NC today but if you need any more feedback you can shoot me an email or PM next week after I'm back home.

Also check out Buff for all things Honda, do a search on the BBS.

Bob :beer:

3. Sprinky

Thanks Bob! I'm heading to Grattan tomorrow so when I get back I'll start doing some more research.

:beer:

4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

6. Sprinky

Thanks Jball. I didn't find those in my searches on the web. I should have specified that I was looking for rear suspension parts. I've got my long johns packed for Grattan, although I may need some hand warmers to stuff in my leathers.

#!@@#$^!#$ midwest weather.

7. lizard84

Works shocks may take a while to get after you order, I had the ikon's at my door with a second set of springs from down under in less then a week.

Bob

8. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Shoulda called me. My folks live in hopeless mills. It's barely an hour away. You coulda crashed in my spare room and given me a good excuse to raid the cellar.....:beer:

9. lizard84

Sorry, I screwed up. We were so busy moving stuff and getting her new house in order I dropped the ball on giving you a call.

I do however see a lot of Hope Mills visits coming in our future & we will make it right. As it was we had my favorite, Lagar De Cervera Albarino and a couple of different Barbera's along for the ride. :up:

10. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

No worries..... Your scaring me with all of this Euro-wine your drinking all the time. I might have to break out something REALLY good next time your in the erea!