1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"CATCHING FIRE" movie review

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jrsamples, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Just got back from seeing it. Good movie. While I see the parallels mentioned, its not a fresh take on the genre.

I still prefer the Wizard of Oz allegory.

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Allegory? Hell, it was just a tornado, a house, and some shoes. Shit.

3. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

4. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

If I recall the books correctly, an abrupt ending would have been completely right.

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

All I took from the first one was that Jennifer Lawrence has a sweet white ass.

6. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

And then there's that. :Putter:

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It always comes back to pussy, the great driver of life.

8. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Ummm, yeah. Was that ever in doubt? :D

9. Pepsi Drinker

Pepsi Drinker Well-Known Member

Hey a preview of what is to come to the US if we continue to let the government trample all over our rights.
    12 districts of the poor enslaved and 1 district of the fucking retards in power.
    Overthrow the government and defeat the idiotic regime I hope this the outcome in the third movie...Eventually that will be the case in real life too, with the way things are going and all.
    Obama deliberately set up obamacare to fail, so he can enact something far worse upon us, and the rest of the 545 are all retards too.

10. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

My wife and I watched it last weekend. It's a good movie for what it is, but the ideology is what keeps me interested. For that reason I liked the first better - I was introduced to the story there. Not much new on this story in this movie, other than increased tensions/possible revolution (which was present in the first one).

Just because of my trade - is it just a coicidence that there are 12 federal appellate districts in the US?

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Christian allegorical story. Read all three books.

Conflict between love and violence (Peta / Gale), persecution, redemption.

There are some pretty impressive articles written that outline the allegorical content.

12. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I liked the first Matrix the best....:D

Just sayin...

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I just watched the first one and was left wondering what all the fuss is about. That was a barely disguised pile of guano.

Won't be wasting my time going to see the next one.