1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cash discounts... Gimme da loot!

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Apr 23, 2020.

1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

If I send one of my tankers right to the refinery..... gasoline is 34 cents a gallon at the rack right now.

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Whenever any contractor, landscaper, painter or anyone else is doing work for me I always ask if there is a paper discount. Most of the time you can at least avoid paying tax on it. It works about 75% of the time.

3. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Saved nearly a grand when I had my driveway done.

Asked for the total.....pulled out a big wadd of $100's and said, "Is that the cash money price?"

cpettit and Phl218 like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

[​IMG]

5. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I supplied materials for a grow room last year. They don't deal with the banks.

I was paid in cash (98% in $2os). I picked up $45.000 in cash. It weighed about 20 pounds and smelled like weed. It was also in a bad neighborhood.

I was extremely paranoid leaving the facility. I was able to talk to the owner of one of my vendors and he gave me $2,000 off my bill for the cash.

On the TV shows when they say "I want $2,000,000 in small unmarked bills" and it comes in a small backpack! lol

This photo is only $23,000 IMG_0585 (1).JPG

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Seems like an excellent thing to share on a public forum lol.

DmanSlam, HPPT and BSA43 like this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup:

8. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Grow rooms are legal in Arizona and licensed by the state.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The Feds might be interested though.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's luckily not his problem.

trussdude likes this.
  11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Weed growers cannot use bank accounts, as the banks are federally regulated.

As long as his business' (sp?) paperwork is legit, he should not have an issue depositing it in his business account. He just has to fill out the required paperwork.

12. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Are we talking 'greed' here? :Poke:

Guilty as charged then... In one my kids' fave cartoon shows, a restaurant owner says (quote): "The money is always right".

The lack of CC/check payment options on a large transaction smells of subterfuge. Being offered a "cash discount" and being required to pay in "cash only" are two different things, obviously. *wink...nudge*

I had a cash-only transaction for some house work. I'm not sure I'll go that route again. Super inexpensive. Super questionable workers.

An employee of a legit business (that didn't offer the services I was looking for) said he knew some "real good guys" and "their work is cheap". Cost was 25% less than a legit business would've charge, so I took it. No discussion of payment method until these guys were done. When I insisted on paying by CC or check, they had no business name and didn't want it made out to their names. Preferred that I go to an ATM to withdraw cash. In the end, I wrote the check out to a woman that one of the guys was dating. Also, their "business" phone was that of the girlfriend; the GF's phone was in their possession (girlfriend was not present though). I suspected I had hired a couple of fugitives, who looked the part, and was glad the house work was external.

YMMV