1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case covers and lever guard required?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by 05Yamabomber, Feb 10, 2018.

1. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I plan on racing for the first time in may years and reviewing the rule book for 2018 and dont see where I need case covers or brake lever guard. Am I reading this right?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Case guards are only required on a few models (tank guards as well) however all protective measures are always encouraged on all bikes.

3. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Mongo thanks. I did see those specific model requirements. Im on a 2015 R1 I didnt see it listed. Since I have you here I have a couple more questions.

I did the CVMR race school February 2017, that should be good for the Wera Novice entry also? I havent raced in 20 years (WSMC) but have been active on the track since then. I plan on doing the Wera race at Auto Club Speedway in April.

Lastly, how long will it take to get confirmation of number once I send in my pre-entry form? Would like to get number plates made prior to then.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No problem at all on the CVMA school. Evelyne processes memberships every Wednesday on normal weeks, it can vary when we're on the road. As soon as she processes it you show up on the website under the racers listing if you just want your bike number and you can email me for your ID number so you can get set up and pre enter the races if you like. Membership form is here - http://wera.com/pdfs/forms/newmember.pdf and you can send it to us via mail/fax/email. Or if you're okay with a temporary number that's easy to make you can handle it all at the track. Whatever is best for you.

5. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Thanks Sean!

6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Sorry, one more. Paperwork is all filled out and I got an AMA #. Can I scan and send PDF to your email or do I have to fax? Will send it tomorrow from work.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

PDF to me is perfectly fine.