1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carolina Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'General' started by motojoe_23, Apr 9, 2011.

1. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

Nashville t1-t3 are just tight--it flows though'

the old CMP like others said didnt flow or anything-no turning in early..nothin..just bus stop turns

I never did a solo 20 there cause it was so hard on brakes too

2. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

I heard your kicking butt in the harescrambles stuff Greg. Hope all is well with ya.

3. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Back to that t-12 (last turn, old config.) I hope they got rid of the curbing on the OUTSIDE of the turns there. I tucked the front there my last trip(2000), stayed under the bike as it slid over the top of them and broke my foot in three places. That is one loooong ass ride back to Montgomery driving left footed.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not enough riders like it and we couldn't work out the scheduling.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

We made it in 2009, and liked it a lot. Couldn't afford to go last year, now it's gone. Or am I off a year? Anyway, I will go when/if it gets back on the schedule.

6. prwest

prwest Well-Known Member

I have no idea why they don't smooth out the curbing there. I've never rode a car over them, but running wide and hitting them on a bike sucks.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, you're supposed to stay off them.... :)

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Drove down from Jersey to race it last year and I have to say I really enjoyed it; I thought the layout was both challenging and entertaining and the facilities themselves were well maintained. I'd race it again if it returned to the schedule down the road.

Though I have to agree with other posts - it was by far the most brutal track on tires I've ever ridden.

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Hope everyone at CMP is safe. Im an hour away and we just had a hail storm with golf ball size hail, tornado warnings in effect.

10. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

I love CMP. I hope WERA adds it in to 2012 schedule.

11. Yep, Lora sent me a picture of one; it was at least the size of a golf ball.

12. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

The curbing there is the same type that is at many tracks is it not? the saw tooth style.

What is she doing there? Anthony is there, and is running pretty well.

13. We only live about 3hrs from CMP and that front/storm hit the house too.

14. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Oh, gotcha.

15. got40

got40 On hiatus...

I freaking love that track. But then again I like braking hard and the entry into the carousel. Finding the bumps in the kink is nice too. :D

As already noted, the WERA turnout there last year was absurdly low, almost matching Roebling in July. CCS makes it work by combining three regions and having double sprints. Last year's CCS round at CMP was one of the highest turnouts I've ever seen; this year is roughly a 1/3 of last year based on what I'm seeing in the pits right now.

16. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Always liked it myself. Won my first race there back in the day :)

I remember one time it rained pretty good and about 5 of us in the front went down one by one. I think everyone was laughing in their helmets by the end of the race. We were dropping like flies and sliding all over the place.

17. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

I guess i'm in the minority but i liked the old layout better.(pre 08).I guess i like piont and shoot tracks not flowing tracks.I like summit piont also.It seems simulure to me.CMP does eat tires though.I would do a sat and sunday day track day and go through 2 sets of medium NTECS.

18. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Just now checking the weather radar for CMP, a huge t-storm cell moved through there at 9:30. I was seriously considering racing there this weekend. Glad I didn't go, last thing I need is getting my brand new truck bombarded by massive hail.