1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car stereo trouble

Discussion in 'General' started by stickboy274, Sep 15, 2009.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I have an old school CD changer. It's kinda like this one

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-CDX454RF...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1253064304&sr=1-13

It keeps acting up. It will start playing a song, and then skip to another one. It doesn't do it to all of the songs. Just certain one's. It's weird how it does it. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this? I get about 15 seconds into this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JEfZHLSNXU

And it stops and starts playing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jzSh_MLNcY

Any help would be welcome

2. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

sounds like you need a new changer, you need some new CDs, and you're really getting in touch with your feminine side

3. caferace

caferace No.

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

-jim

4. stickboy274

I tried getting in touch with the wifes feminine side, and I got slapped. I descided I needed to stick to my own.

5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

6. stickboy274

OK, I tried it. I don't think he meant it though

7. Sounds like it may need to be adjusted or it's worn out. Probably cheaper to buy a new one from Wallyworld though! Have you typed that product and description into Google to see if it brings up any repair manuals or repair ideas?

8. stickboy274

Did you read the whole thing and look at the links?

9. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

That was my first thought also.

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I have a Scorpions CD stuck in my stereo in the Xterra. It still plays fine but won't eject. Maybe that will help you feel better about yours. :D

11. Yeah but as Katie said...I figured you were getting in touch with your feminine side and trying to make sure you down with your ghetto side. :crackup: Sounds like there is actually NO problem with your Changer in fact it appears to be working as it should. :up:

12. Nope...Scorpions were a good band...the two songs that are plaguing his changer should skip as he is telling us it is. :D

13. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

You CD player has been infested by Gremlins. Your particular gremlin reportedly has an affinity for cognac. Place a snifter of cognac next to the changer overnight. The gremlin will crawl into it, say a bunch of stupid shit, then drown in the liquor.

14. stickboy274

That might work.

15. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

get a new changer, or better yet, go ipod its so much better than a changer

i typically lease cars so i keep the nav/sound systems in them they seem pretty good anyway, especially newer ones, so when i got my beater camaro, i bought a sony radio for it, some speakers to fit in the oem spaces and a ipod interface so i can work the ipod from the faceplate of the radio, so like since day one and i was too lazy to take it back, when i hit a bump i loose the left channel only when listening to the ipod, found out if i move the wire coming out of it it comes and goes, i guess there is a broken wire coming out of the box where it plugs into the ipod, just my luck, so i constantly smack my glove box when driving, i should fix it, maybe cut the wire open and check it out, but maybe i might change to another setup, so i was thinking of doing a bluetooth stereo, i have that built in my nice car, but not in the beater, but it is alot easier to talk on the phone with bluetooth stereo

so i guess just get yourself something new, prices are pretty cheap on that stuff, but i would definately go with an ipod setup

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, you should get a new player or something. :D:beer:

WOOOOOSH

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Anyone know a trick for getting a damn CD out of a stereo? Guess I should just change the damn thing out with the Pioneer system in the closet.

18. stickboy274

Thanks for being there for me. I'm struggling over here

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

You may also want to look into Best Buy when they are running a promotion to get free installation. I also have a couple of amps and a sub box that i am looking to get rid of. :D

20. [​IMG]