1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadian math quiz?

Discussion in 'General' started by TEAMLIKETYSPLIT, Dec 14, 2011.

1. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

So i was online at basspro.com to register for a free ATV giveaway for the kids. I go to the rules link to see the fine print and i run across this gem:
    "Canadian residents, in order to win, must first correctly answer a mathematical skills testing question"

WTF? :D

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

"Let's see, if I drink 18 beers and Claude drinks 14, which one of us is sober enough to drive home"

Something like that?

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Claude is hammered and you are ok....right?

4. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

the answer to the skills question is "Yes, I realize there is no way in hell I can win this contest".

5. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I don't think it would be like that, considering they consider DUI's felony's up there and it's just a misdemeanor in the U.S.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Could have fooled me. We went to a hockey tournament in Sarnia 2 years ago. Now, I consider myself an olympic world class drinker, but I was a mere piker compaired to the Canuck's drinking in the little bar with us.

Don't think I have ever drank more shots and not have to be airlifted to a hospital in my life.

Maybe they just walk everywhere since there is so much snow.

7. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

That's 42 metric beers.

8. B182

B182 Well-Known Member

The reason is so much more boring. In Canada, law requires a sweepstakes winner pass a skills test before being awarded the prize. It's the opposite in the US, you can't require a person do anything to win a sweepstakes prize, as we know we are too dumb to pass any test.

9. Ya need to PM cha0s#242...that Richard from Montreal w/the Rush/Geddy avatar. :D

10. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

we are so SMRT.... S M R T!

11. Yes we are.

12. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

13. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Wow that just brought up an old memory. I used to work for a candy company and we'd do "no purchase necessary" drawings. The girl who ran the fulfilment program had to bring the math question up to me (in accounting) to get the right answer. And it was a lot simpler than the one posted above.

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I wouldn't trust me with a math question... And I'm not a Richard, I'm a Gi(gid)ddy :D

15. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

At the liqour store i worked We used to just write the answer on the box you put your entry in. Had to keep the line moving.