1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you transfer a hotel reservation to someone else's name?

Discussion in 'General' started by Andy Bankston, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Andy Bankston

Andy Bankston DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

I have an extra room for the Roebling National in the classifieds that I'd like to sell to anybody who needs a room. (Booked through Hotels.com). If I find a taker, is there a way to transfer the reservation to their name or would I just have to meet up with them at check in/check out? Anyone have experience with this? I've never had this situation before so any help is appreciated.

2. caferace

caferace No.

I did it for the 2005 Laguna Seca GP round (rooms were like gold) and it went quite smooth, though I did it on the phone with the hotel itself.

Call and ask?

-jim

3. Andy Bankston

Andy Bankston DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

I only know a couple of people who'd tried it and both had no success, so I figured I'd ask before I tried.

4. jkim13

jkim13 Well-Known Member

Last time I tried to have my friends check in early for me, they had to issue me a credit and charge another credit card because I wasnt there. Might just depend on the hotel

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  5. Andymax

Andymax Well-Known Member

If you have several rooms under your name the hotel knows you're not staying at all of them, nor likely paying for all of them. When you get there tell them that the rest of your party will be checking in and will need use their own credit card. give them the name of whoever you "give" the room to... it will be no biggie. If they keep the room reserved under your name then make sure whoever has the room knows your name.

In the event that you prepaid for the rooms, then just get the money up front from whomever you sell it to. Then, when you check in, make sure to tell the front desk that the people in that room need to cover their own incidental costs with their own credit card.

When you get to the desk, just smile and be nice...it will not be a problem.

6. +1

I've been through this many times for corporate events. One name for all rooms, then each guest would check in individually and the hotel simply swaps the names.

Since you booked through hotels.com, I'm guessing you've already prepaid. Call them and cancel the reservation. I had to cancel a reservation with them once, and they did not charge a penny for the cancellation. One of the reasons I like hotels.com.

Good luck.