1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you drive a rental car without a license???

Discussion in 'General' started by E=MC2, Feb 6, 2007.

1. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

I've got my driving test on Saturday and I really don't want to parallel park my mom's giant sequoia suv. Can I rent a car, or my mom rent a car and I drive it?

2. ubermoto71

ubermoto71 Well-Known Member

Don't think so, you would have to be listed as a driver on the rental agreement and that would require a driver's license plus minimum age to rent varies. Doesn't the driving instructor ask for proof of insurance, etc as well?

Good luck. :up:

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I Think It Is 18 And Over And With Some It Is 25 And Over, I Think This Is A Question For The Rental Agency And Not The Allknowing Wera Bbs.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Nick, you've asked some stupid questions before...

Let me ask you...

...what is that little voice in the back of your head telling the logical answer would be???

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No.

6. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

yep.

i mean, no.

i mean, yep - i agree with the no answer.

7. g.mccormick

g.mccormick Well-Known Member

Or maybe you could be a man and just parallel park your moms car

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Werd. I took the test in my moms car - you should too! (granted mom drove a Chevette at the time) My favorite test was my retake in Ohio in Evelynes Mustang GT :D

9. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Picture that...Mongo in a Chevette.

10. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

the voice in the back of my head is no, but that voice has given me some wild advice before so I figured id check with the BBS :D

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have absolutely NO problem believeing this one.:D

12. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Sure, just don't get caught!

13. Jefe

Jefe Wannabe

Man up.

I had to take my test in a trick 1978 extended Dodge van (complete with murals, crushed velvet interior and curtains in the back window :D ) that I had never parallel parked before. I couldn't see out the back and had to adjust the passenger side mirror downward so I could see the curb.

If you deserve your license you'll pass.

14. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

My step-son was involved in a car wreck a few months ago. The other guy was at fault, and his insurance was going to provide a rental car while step-son's car was being repaired. When they found out he was 17, they did not provide a rental car. We were lucky to have an extra car (my old crash truck) in our family fleet. :up:

15. KTFO

KTFO Banned

i got a f'ed up story about my driving test. i borrowed a car from some broad i knew and she wanted me to find her some pot in trade. well i had the pot in my sock drawer and my mom found it and for a month thought i was a stoner. at least she didnt find the nudy mags under my bed :)

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You can even get a hooker without a license.

17. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

And how would know that? ;) (if its true :) )

18. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Tell th etruth, you were tryin' to score with the person giving you the test. That's why you took the pimp-mobile.

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Did you explain that you weren't a smoker, you were just a dealer? That should have eased her mind. :Poke:

20. MrOgle

MrOgle I love college!

Speaking from experience? :D