1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can racing become Greener, Cheaper, Safer?

Discussion in 'General' started by 787RR, Mar 6, 2012.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

are you including the trip there & home?

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Ninja 250. I don't burn much fuel, either.

:crackup:

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I use only the best baby seal oil in my bike. Seals breed so that is a renewable resource. I also fuel my bike with biofuel made from uninformed hipster environmentalist wannabees. Again, they breed so that is a renewable resource. And I use the tears of that Indian guy from that commercial on littering for top end lube. I have a negative carbon footprint with my racing effort.

4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

yep. didnt seem valid to leave it out.

5. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Alright, who let the dirty hippy on the beeb???

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dave did it.

7. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

who puts their used tires in a landfill? just burn them bitches!

8. sdg

sdg *

I do love a good tire fire. My buddy was doing a bit early one evening and got busted. Cop just told him not to do it so early. (rural OH)

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This is just silly.

10. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

No, but knitting can.........

11. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

It's already green, the ESS races are dominated by the green machines. I would raise the single finger solute to any other type of "green" racing. Please keep this retarded bs in the dungeon where it belongs.

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

The "new green" may be a return to two stroke. Development has not ceased on this technology.

13. :stupid:

Can it get greener? I certainly hope not.

14. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

It can always be safer. It will never be safe, but trying to say a harder tire will make it safer is just ludicrous :crackup:

The same dudes who think a sprint tire "just suddenly threw them off" are the same hacks who would say the endurance tire didnt have enough grip and made them crash.

Fact is, short of a failure, tires dont make you crash. YOU make you crash. Could someone else on your bike at that exact moment went faster than you did? Yes? Then it wasnt the tire. It was you. If you crash due to a loss of traction it is YOUR fault, not the tires. It probably tried to warn you even, you just didnt listen or were not speaking the language well enough to under stand it.

I think i am going to go fire up my F350superduty and let it idle all night :D

15. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I wonder how much fuel Broome's rig uses to get to Roebling and back.

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

What a crock. You make it sound like tires are inanimate objects. Those filthy bastards have it in for me and regularly. They're like, "now would be a good time to pitch his ass off, hehehe." Burn 'em all.

17. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

He doesn't care:D

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

I can't get any greener.......3 Kawasaki's in my garage is plenty. :D

19. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

Motorcycle racing is VERY green compared to auto racing. We use half the number of tires (which are about two times smaller in size and weight than a standard auto tire mind you) we burn half as much gas (or somtimes much less) than a race car. If you want to go piss on someone's parade then it should be the world of auto racing, not motorcycle racing. I totally agree that the whole "green" thing is just a fad. Its just a marketing ploy. Most of the time products that are marketed as being green end up being more detrimental to the environment than that of its competitors. If you REALLY want to point the finger at something, take a good hard look at air pollution caused by airplane traffic. You will find that the pollution caused by air traffic makes racing look like a drop in the bucket.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  20. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Helps keep him employed.