1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CamP out rest of season

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Jul 20, 2023.

1. E-Van

E-Van Well-Known Member

Would be cool to see JD Beach back.

Once a Wanker.., DJ Baker and 5axis like this.
  2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Dainese!

And yeah, he has been riding Anthony R1 (last years Gagnes bike).

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

September maybe? It’s coming up. He’ll be eligible for next season

4. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Kyle is contracted through Harley, Yamaha will not allow that. Stanboli confirmed it on a podcast, the rider needs to have NO DIRECT sponsorship/ride with another manufacturer.

Once a Wanker.. and Gino230 like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm at Mid-Ohio doing VMD, ot enough time in between three radios to do more than a BBS answer. I am sorry I haven't gotten them done yet, been a hell of a week.

regularguy likes this.
  6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

5axis likes this.
  7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He did retire from racing. Then he got offered the management job.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, I don't think Richard likes having his shit tore up 2 or 3 times a weekend.

27 likes this.
  10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

All of which gets us back to Mr. Hayes. Obviously we don't know what parameters are in place by Yamaha and Attack, but if their primary goal is to have a credible showing for the remainder of the season, I don't believe there is another available rider that would give better results on and off the track than Hayes.

11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why so many feel like Rocco cant make the jump. It's been verified that he has experience on 1000 cc bikes. He has shown the ability to move up in other classes and do well. He rode a 600 very well. Guys he's raced well against have made the jump. What does he have to do to show that he's ready? Dominate in SS and win the title? If thats the metric then most people will never move up.

grapemustard likes this.
  12. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Keep in mind it may not be Stanboli’s decision on his own. If I understand it right Yamaha pays the riders and signs the contracts.

Once a Wanker.. and 418 like this.
  13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Why?

CRA_Fizzer, 418 and Quicktoy like this.
  14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Josh Herrin's speculation is Hayes will be on the Attack bike and Rocco will be on the Squid Hunter R6.

Once a Wanker.., MrGooch and Quicktoy like this.
  15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I could certainly be wrong, but I am thinking KH's comment regarding change refers to mental approach and attitude.

lopitt85 and Bugslayer like this.
  16. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

What does KH know?
    :rolleyes::D:D

17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Had to go back and find his comment, somehow I missed it.

Would the expectations be for him to run up front, or develop for the future?

Do you think an ass kicking on track might be good for him? Make him realize that there are some changes that he has to make?

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Skip to the 18:00 mark for the commentary.

It would make sense if Yamaha controlled everything, but Squid Hunter is a private team, who knows what their relationship to Yamaha is?

Also, didn't Rocco already announce he's riding SuperSport at Branierd on his own team?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

True, but remember there are no twins races at Brainerd or COTA. I'm sure if Rocco was offered a SS ride for free he would park his personal effort. I have zero inside information...

Quicktoy and Gino230 like this.
  20. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

This isn't a "develop a rider" gig, this is a perform now gig. Hayes or Beach are the only options IMO, and not sure if Beach is contractually forbidden.

Gino230 likes this.