1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all nerds

Discussion in 'General' started by t11ravis, Jun 16, 2020.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I collect two strokes obviously, but I am also a freak about Aprilia RS250 parts. I've got crates of this stuff. BTW, I'm not selling, so don't ask!!!

I used to be a freak about Delta miles... got to nearly 2 million, but then burned them all, which led to my next binge collection: Biz class amenity kits. I think we started tossing them recently.

I was collecting ex-wives for a while, but stopped that about 15 years ago :D

I have an enormous computer cable collection that goes back 30 years. There's probably a half million dollars worth of cables. I have no idea why I don't throw them all in the burn pit.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I think that you can get about 25-30 cents per pound at any reasonable scrap yard for those. Buy the gas to get there & back maybe.

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

How does one wish to think of collecting ex-wives? Fug dat! I’m one and done. I’ll have a long time girl friend but you keep your shyt and I’ll keep mind. I can’t see trying that shyt again. I nearly lost my shirt and just now starting to rebuild.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. proprocket28

proprocket28 Well-Known Member

I sold a lot of my Star Wars action figures to buy a TTR 125 Still have some G.I. Joes around.

t11ravis likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well we worked for cheap ass Texas companies, no way they were paying for us to stay in the high dollar places.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I've seen you liquidating bikes, I figured you, like me, decided no reason to make your family deal with all that shit....but I see that isn't the case. :)

Regarding wives, I've been married long enough this time, 27 years, if it doesn't work I already have kids, so I can't see any reason to do it again.

7. speedluvn

Which ones? The 12 inch,’or so dolls or the smaller action figures with the kung fo grip?

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Does not compute.

Purchase cost, not "worth."

9. proprocket28

proprocket28 Well-Known Member

The smaller ones with Kung fu grip! And some newer re-releases to replace the ones I destroyed as a kid.

10. speedluvn

Brings back
    Memories.

11. auminer

But have you seen the stuff they put inside a Stretch Armstrong? o_O

12. speedluvn

It was a sticky substance, if I recall correctly.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

United points, Amex points, Hyatt points, all that shit, yeap. One day it hit me, who cares? Enough for one of those "around the world, first class tickets for two" tickets and a ton left over. Goal achieved and then I stopped caring. Goal achieved and now what? :D Goal achieved and I really don't care. I ended up getting an IWC for my kid, quite a few pairs of free Nikes, a few free flights and some laptops for my kid (and a shit ton of other kids).

I'm near year zero on that crap and I feel much much much better then when I was chasing 10KK. :D

motion likes this.
  14. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I collect antique, useable and valueless cornets and trumpets. Most aren't pretty, but they all work. In a few weeks I'll have my practice room cleared out and I will snap a pic. There's a 1928 King Liberty, 1928 Boland & Fuchs cornet, late 70s CG Benge, 1919 Conn Circus Bore, early Dillon Piccolo (), mid-50s Olds Ambassador long cornet. Plus modern Carol and Yamaha trumpets, cornets and flugel for performing.

YamahaRick likes this.
  15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

No 180S37? YTR2330? Stradivarius? C’mon, man. Step up your game. :Poke:

YamahaRick and motoboy like this.
  16. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I do have a YCR2335. Performed "Rhosymedre" on it once and once for a Christmas quintet.

I admit these are all uncollectable. I just love playing old horns.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Started doing that last year - absolutely no idea why either. Should start putting location and date on them.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Same for me... I remember my first international flight in economy after years of biz only. I was mortified and thought there was no way I would survive. Now, I relish economy and have devised tricks to get 3-4 empty seats so I can sleep on those 11 hour flights, all while saving huge $$$ and not stressing about my gawdam upgrades. Liberating!

19. auminer

You sure you want to to say that in this forum? o_O

:D

motoboy likes this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Haha, I'm getting there! Starting to think about it. My plan is to own nothing (real estate not included) but a smartphone and the stuff I can pack in a 20" carryon when I'm 65. Well, that and my 430 Spider and small bike collection :D