1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California poised to get new governor

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Richard Lesher, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/a/2003/06/16/national0701EDT0469.DTL

While many of you could care less about this. It looks like machine is set in motion and almost all of the signitures needed have been obtained to recall the Gov. of California. This is the idiot that while correctly accused all those energy companies of fraud and misdealings he went ahead and purchased 10 year future contracts based on energy prices so #ucking high becasue of fraud and misdealings. During his little energy deal making the Financial Controler of the State was left out of the picture (she had no idea what financial obligations our idiot Gov. was getting the state into).

I guess the biggest impact for you non-CA folk is that this could result in CA being less Democratically entrenched.

THIS IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it looks like we might get the Terminator to run for the spot.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2003
  2. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

So that means... Arnie for Prez in, like, what.... 2016...

3. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

No, wait... Arnie can not become Prez....

4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Unless the prediction in the movie Demolition Man proves to be true. :D

5. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Ummmmm....

I thought one could not be a naturalized citizen and become Prez. Might be wrong. Usually am.... :eek:

6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Re: Ummmmm....

No George, you're right. You must be born in the US to be president. I was making a smartass reference to a Stallone movie where he wakes up in the future and Arnie actually is the president.

7. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

I remember one of the first thoughts I had in the Eighties. Ronald Reagan was President. I thought it was a new film category - comedy/nightmare. :rolleyes:

I simply could not vote for the guy who had second billing in Bonzo Goes to Washington, nor could I vote for his opponents. I flipped the levers for the other idio - excuse me, people - running for other offices. Never for Prez in those 2 elections.

Just a thought: would Arnie saying Ill be back after a meeting with leaders from other countries be considered a threat or a promise :confused:

;)

8. Richard Lesher

Maybe, but it would also be great to use for a re-election big as well.

Of course then the Demos could use:
    Terminate the Terminator

9. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

10. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

why can't you wait until his term is up???

CA elected him after the Energy scandal...I don't see how the Governor is responsible for the power companies purchasing energy...thank Enron...

why don't you thank Bu$h for your economy going in the tank???
    You also have a balanced budget law....what else is a governor to do but raise taxes??

the recall process was put into law because in the 1900's CA was run by the Southern Pacific RR, it was a provision which corrupt politicians can be booted out of office...

why us this just cause you don't agree with his politics???

do you think ISSA is any better....he's a crook....

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Because he's no more responsible for it going in the tank than Clinton was for a good economy. :rolleyes:

12. Richard Lesher

<<CA elected him after the Energy scandal...I don't see how the Governor is responsible for the power companies purchasing energy...thank Enron...>>

Correct, but Davis is the dumb shit that spend 10 billion dollars on futures contracts (he basically pre paid the state's electrical bill for the next to years) at inflated prices. Now, he is trying to get that money back, but of course it’s being slowed down by the legal process because he obligated the state by taking part in contractual futures transactions.

He also bought into these contracts with the very firms he said were defrauding California to begin with. So, had this economic genius done NOTHING the state would have $10,000,000,000 more in the coffers, and then he (Davis) could have said I TOLD YOU SO, and been a hero, and on top of that the state would not be tied up in expensive futures contracts. I think he tried to solve a huge problem himself in an attempt to strengthen his resume for a Presidential bid. Well, I don’t see that happening now :)

Naw, I think Davis is clearly capable of screwing up the state's financial whoas without the help of Bush.

<<why don't you thank Bu$h for your economy going in the tank??? You also have a balanced budget law....what else is a governor to do but raise taxes??>>

How did Bush screw it up? I think airplanes crashing into buildings, and corporate scandals designed during the Clinton administration and discovered during the Bush administration are a large root of the problem. I personally feel Bush ads a level of stability to the situation giving him. To the extent it is now clear when faced with violent instability the Untied States is willing to completely over run a country and raise the Stars and Stripes over the aggressors capital. That is a lot different than kind of hoping every one will just get along.

However, Bush did screw his opportunity to lessen the deficit. He should not have given the first tax cut, he should have used it to lessen the debt. Then he would have had the opportunity NOW to let the debt creep back up with less friction as he has now.

I also feel he screwed up his post war plans. The war ended too soon and the logistics were not in place soon enough for the rebuild. Also I feel it was a grave mistake to obliterate Sadam and Bin Ladin. Dead bodies were needed. Formal submission is needed by leaders to legitimize the victory. Otherwise you have a pissed off populous running around with guns as no one in their prior government who they feel represents their plight has formally surrendered.

A guy is less incline to go to war if he has a good living, a nice place to live, a pool in the back yard and a car in the garage, and a society stable enough where those things cannot be taken away from him.

<<why us this just cause you don't agree with his politics???>>

Plus the almost million other registered voters it seems are signing up to recall him.

<<do you think ISSA is any better....he's a crook>>

Who? Naw, Terminator dude will win. Issa is just the catalyst.

13. Richard Lesher

14. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

You think they are dead???

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap. They're as dead as Elvis, Jim Morrison and France as a world power.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I gotta go with DaveK on this one. This type of dictator needs the public to see him to keep any sort of power base. No public viewing most likely means no more dictator.

If they had any sort of meetings with the "troops" then the intelligence types would have heard about it and could confirm that he's alive.

Major downside to the buynker buster bombs in Saddams case and cave ins in Bin Ladens.... No body and DNA evidence will never convince the doubters. Then again, neither would a body so it's probably no big deal one way or the other. As long as their power base is shot to hell they lost and everyone knows it.

17. Due North

Wasn't there a tape from bin Laden back in February?

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

not with a time stamp. i got a kennedy tape. want to bet me if he's still alive?

19. Due North

The Feb tape makes specific reference to the aggression against Iraq (CNN Excerpts ). The last time that the US had any inkling of bin Laden's whereabouts was in the caves in Tora Bora - long before the Iraq distraction. This implies that bin Laden survived the caves.