1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabin Fever cures

Discussion in 'General' started by Pam_G, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Pam_G

Pam_G Banned

I heard about this place while driving near Columbus in September. http://www.speeds.cc
    Has anyone been to this place yet? Any opinions of it?
    I was thinking of going there once or twice this winter, since there's not much to do in the winter. Maybe a group of OH/IN people can get a group rate if a bunch of us go there sometime.

2. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

3. SV Bob

SV Bob Track day junkie

Sounds like a possibility. You might post it on NESBA midwest too.

Have you figured out your back protector – helmet problem?

Bob

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Thanks SClark. I was looking for a place to while away this weekend. How busy is Allsports? Is it a 1 hour line to do 3 laps, then back in line, or do you get to turn laps uninterrupted for awhile?
    Once again, thanks for the tip! [​IMG]

5. Pam_G

Pam_G Banned

Good idea about posting on the NESBA BBS, Bob.

I haven't messed with the back protector/helmet thing yet. I was thinking of using my shorter back protector, which protects the lower back, and adding some more dense foam padding in the pocket of my leathers. I will be getting a new helmet in the spring, so I will try to find one that fits snugger than my current helmet. My current one might be a smidgen too large.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think the best cure for cabin fever is the boobie contest....

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So long as you're a judge, and not a contestant, Mongo... [​IMG]

8. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

Ed Bargy School and open practice 3-4 Nov

We don't need no cabin fever

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yup, I'll be there in the AM. Need a crash quad?

10. SClark

No, they have endurance nights. Friday night from 5-10pm. $100 for all the laps you can stand. They also have $500 for 500 lap races.

Stay tuned. I'm getting ready to move to Sterling, so there is a TSR Injury Fund night in the works.

11. SClark

12. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

http://www.wnew.com/opack/Contests/2001/BoobOLantern/

Is it just me, or is something out of proportion on contestant #8 Mistress Rhiannon?
    Maybe her lips are too big for her face?
    Her heart tattoo is too small?
    I don't know, something just doesn’t look right.

[This message has been edited by Rusnak_322 (edited 11-03-2001).]

13. Pam_G

Pam_G Banned

Yikes! She looks like something that crawled out of a cave in time for Halloween!

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I figured I'd let myself down from my racing high easy, and take the truck to the drag strip yesterday. BO-RING! I mean, a 1/4 mile in 13.49 at 102 mph is kinda cool for a pick-up truck. But I can't believe people can "race" underpowered vehicles with automatic gear boxes week in and week out. I mean, you do a nice burn out in the real gummy part of the pad, shallow stage, hold the brakes and the rev to 1,500 rpms, launch when the last amber light comes on, go full throttle as soon as you have traction, and just sit and wait for the light at the 1/4-mile mark. Five passes I made, total spread was one 10th of a second and 1 mph. Where's the challenge in that? Or where's the fun, for that matter?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gate up or down? Might be time to invest in a couple of barrels of Nutec too [​IMG]

I've always thought drag racing was more about the trash talk and bs'ing in the staging lanes than the actual runs themselves.

17. Pam_G

Pam_G Banned

Sometimes the challenge is to see how your reaction time is vs. the tree, right?
    And, for some people in bracket racing, it's hard for them to be as consistent getting as close to their dial-in as you were! Although maybe it's easier now because so much shit is computer controlled. What's the challenge in that, I want to know?

I plan on taking my race bike to the local drag strip to start practicing my holeshots!