1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

EV's are the future, like it or not. 15 countries now have passed laws or set hard targets for outlawing internal combustion vehicles, as have several US states and cities. It is happening.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And they can all get fucked. It'll be a cheezy Canadian band song around my place.

3. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Until you can't buy gasoline any more. Move with the world or get left behind like the dinosaurs.

4. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Neat thing is, there are lots of ways to make electricity. Gasoline, not so much.

5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Hydrogen, very much

zrx12man likes this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

EV’s just move the filth to another location, require way more energy and hazardous waste to manufacture than regular vehicles, and are a complete EPA nightmare when their battery packs fail every 6-9 years. But, you go on with your brainwashed mantra.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  7. Venom51

The "can't buy gas." thing ain't gonna happen as there is no way the will ever ween themselves off the tax revenue it produces. It certainly isn't going to happen before I exit this rock.

Steeltoe, R1Racer99 and ducnut like this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Imagine the tax savings if we’d stop floating unsustainable industries like EV’s.

Steeltoe and brex like this.
  9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

What makes you think tax won't move to EV's?

10. Venom51

That plan is already in play but it's going to take a damn long time to get people to agree to be taxed by the mile while tracking their car. Pay to play express lanes with radio/RFID beacons so you don't have to stop and that satellite connected infotainment system will soon be tracking every mile you drive and reporting it.

But the fuel supply won't be cut off before I am dead.

ducnut likes this.
  11. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

No mantra here, I don't much care either way. Just pointing out a fact. The governments of those 15 countries and various cities and states might be interested in your observations, though.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A ban may work in a small country with a well developed mass transit system. It would be decades away here. The infrastructure to charge a hundred million EVs is not available yet

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If the greenies want electric cars, they’re going to have to settle their differences with nuclear power generation because there’s no way to produce that much energy with anything else.

14. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

One of my coworkers had a Z06 that he was going to trade in to buy a fully kitted out C8.

Then somebody else traded this in for a C8 and he couldn't turn away.....

Let play a game of "What's Lurking Beneath"

IMG_2808.jpg

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

16. NemesisR6

Nope.

17. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

BMW I8

18. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

China, India, France, Great Britian, etc. Another way the USA is being left behind due to lack of infrastructure development.

19. NemesisR6

Nope.

The body lines alone should get you in the ballpark, and there are a couple visual cues that are dead giveaways......

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

McLaren

NemesisR6 and Steeltoe like this.