1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying house from private owner, down payment + 60 mos payments????

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Just so it's on this page too.......

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Debts, assets? Which is which is more of a philosophical choice than something set in stone. If you went to the Enron school of accounting.

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I am at a stopping point in my chores. Honor dollar bet where the OP indicated $77K. He didn't. You all have a pre-existing side beef and perhaps that is what is precluding you from reading what is there, instead of interpreting what is not there.

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

The OP lost a bet with another beeber. The OP lost the bet and it was determined that he never paid the money towards the airfence fund.

5. speedluvn

:bow:

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

So it is clearly not about the money. Do you intend to take random sideswipes about it in perpetuity or get it worked out? And what is your stake in it? What does the other Beeber think? My chores can wait. :)

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sheesh... this crap wasn't all that entertaining when it happened. You're beating on the dead great grandchildren of the original dead horse.

For anyone else who wasn't around for that:
    gapman has lots of cash and toys
    he won't need to finance that "big" $25K balloon, he has more than that into a SXS
    this thread is nothing more than a classic humble brag
    if I'm wrong gapman, and you really wanted advice...TAKE THE DEAL

8. speedluvn

You can understand some screen names on the beeb stand out for various reasons. Some have gone full retard only to return months later like nothing happened. The OP has said he has $77 in debt. There is another thread that the OP started where he just simply ignored the debt. The point is when you create an internet presence. It’s here for life. That’s what I will try to teach my kids.
    You can hide from the presence. The OP never acknowledged the debt. There used to be a saying that a beeber “was a stand up guy.”
    It doesn’t appear to be the case here.
    If I recall, correct me if I’m wrong, the OP has participated in some beautiful concrete work.

9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Wasn't he the guy with the harem of six women but sprung on some other chick that was playing him? I feel like that played into it as well.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  10. speedluvn

I vaguely recall that scenario but not sure if it was the OP.

I started a post about cement patios. The OP posted pictures of some beautiful work. I’m definitely not hating but I’m a person that I do what I say on this forum or in person. I don’t create some false impression because I’m on this forum. Your true character will shine through.

11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

And I though my Wife held onto things for years only to throw them back in my face.......

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    E Reed and Banditracer like this.
  12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I don't know the backstory, but if all is as you
    say, why be oblique? Why don't you just call
    him out for x,y,z reason and recommend he get lost and that no other Beeber waste their time on him because he's not a stand up dude who corners low and here's the proof?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Waive and smile.

auminer likes this.
  14. speedluvn

The beeb has its own eloquent way of dealing with individuals who are less than stand up.

I came to the beeb for parts. I’m now here for entertainment purposes and on many occasions to learn things.

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol, OK.

16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the solid tips/advice concerning the thread. If i dont go through with this house, then ill stick to plan A which is buying/building a home.

Figured with this hiuse, i could own a home that would be worth $150k or more in 5 yrs. i was looking at it as a money making /investment venture more than anything.

17. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

thanks tristan....no humble brag. Somebody thought i left a ‘k’ off of my $77 debt.. i simply clarifird thst. And somebody thought i would need a loan for the $25k so i should consider that payment too...so i clarified that.

i drive a 18 yr old truck worth $3000 and a 16 yr old beater honda worth $1000 for work.

My newest bike is 5 yrs old and oldest is 14 yrs old, so theyre all paid off.

I dont drink. Dont go out. Dont do shit other than work. I tefill water bottles from home and take to work. I buy walmart great value black forest ham too. :) seriously, i do.

back on topic, my biggest concern is being locked in to this house and my dream house shows up on the market and not be able to buy it. Idk if thats a real concern or not. Ill know more once i talk to nick

thanks again

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

This seems like oddly serendipitous advice.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Inside joke. The recipient got it. :)

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Waiting for your dream house to jump up and slap you will make you a life-long renter. Opportunity is knocking right now. Don't slam the door in its face.