1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyers Beware!!! Avoid this guy!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dissevered, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Dissevered

Dissevered Well-Known Member

Thread: http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=277351&highlight=600rr

Seller info: Roman Shandalov "Blackgt76"
    [email protected]
    www.wreckedbikes.net
    127 Aspen dr
    Rochester, NY 14625
    585 750 3313

Thread says "All important components are straight"

Truth:
    Bent frame (wheel base +1.3 inches over stock)
    2 motor mounts cracked
    Possibly warped sub frame (might be due to main frame, exhaust won't line up)
    Smashed headers (really could care less about this part)

http://www.scsdefense.com/images/mount1.jpg
    http://www.scsdefense.com/images/mount2.jpg
    http://www.scsdefense.com/images/header.jpg
    http://www.scsdefense.com/images/bentframe01.jpg

Went through 40 emails with this guy telling me I need to adjust the ride height, or change my shock, or that the bike was lowered and that the frame is not bent. Last picture is with the kick stand down with all stock parts.

Shady part: Boy I wish I would have noticed this in the pictures.

http://www.scsdefense.com/images/stand.jpg
    http://www.scsdefense.com/images/cutstand.jpg

He knew something was fishy, and instead of inspecting the bike in detail, so that he could be sure of what he was selling, he cut the kick stand so that the bike would stand up. Idiocy or deceit? I am not sure but either way, the guy shouldn't be selling bikes for a living.

http://www.scsdefense.com/images/privatemessage.jpg

At first, I wanted a partial refund. I asked for 1000 back. I thought 900 for wheels, OEM suspension, and engine internals plus random odds and ends (gas tank, throttle bodies, levers, whatever) was more than fair. He refused... and offered me 200 dollars, enough to get me a used frame on Ebay he said.

He also offered to buy the bike back, at my expense. I am required to put it all back together, and drive 10-12 hours once again, to drop it off. I guess that means I need to zip tie his junk fairings back on too.

In his defense, because I am fair like that, I will admit that I screwed up too! I realize I was naive and ignorant. I shouldn't have trusted him, and I should have looked the bike over better. I should have also gotten simple specs and took a tape measure. Trust me, I sure as hell learned my lesson.

However ignorance is not a choice, it is something we all lose through life experiences and learning. Dishonesty and bullshit IS a choice. The guy lied saying it was straight, and is completely unwilling to be fair. That's all I asked for, a fair refund.

In an email after buying the bike, he openly admitted to not ever looking over the frame or engine. How does one claim a straight bike, without actually testing it to be straight?

Conclusion:

The intent of this post is not to cause drama. I hate this kind of stuff. It is just a warning to others, nothing more. All I am doing is putting this information out there so you guys are aware of this person and how he deals. I've been part of this forum for 2 years and have had nothing but fair and honest people sell me things, and help me out with great information and advice. I hate to see people like him ruin it. He ended up giving me a 300 dollar refund thought it was generous. :beer: Roman... I hope you are proud that you ripped someone off who makes 12k a year and has a kid to support lol. You can put that extra 700 dollars into your Escalade payments... Prick.

He told me he was going to expose me on here so that people don't deal with me. He wanted my full name so he could do so. I have nothing to hide. I will send you all of our PMs and emails if you want. I will admit that after 40 or 50 emails of him running me in circles with his bullshit, I started to get frustrated, sarcastic and rude with him. Who wouldn't though. Here is my info, I will save him the trouble.

Chris Yurczak
    11041 Azalea Dr.
    Pittsburgh, PA 15235
    www.scsdefense.com

I teach martial arts for a living and do track days as a hobby. I love people and am trusting to a fault (obviously). I am probably one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Don't worry about me being shady in deals, because for the most part, I am poor and don't buy much shit anyway. lol :D

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Second!

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

4. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

this out to be good. third?

crap. fourth.

5. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Good god.

6. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

Damn that really sucks, but thats the risk you take buying a wrecked bike. Its very possible the salvage yard cut the kickstand and not Roman. Where did you have it measured?

7. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Today has been very boring, I really needed this!

:Pop:

8. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

:stupid:

9. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

In on page 1/76

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I am so in.....:Pop:

11. wrparrish

wrparrish Well-Known Member

Oh HELL fucking yeah!
    :rock:

12. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

You bought a wrecked bike and didn’t think you were getting a wrecked bike? the seller had a wrecked bike and didn’t inspect it as much as you did or you thought he should? I’m confused. you drove 12 hours but never actually looked at the bike before signing on the dotted line and taking it home?

he offered to buy the bike back but it was too inconvient to you? how do you bash a guy who tried to make things right with an unhappy customer. you could have been free of the whole thing.
    Looks like the kickstand is in the snow, not cut, as the bike in your garage has the intact kickstand, unless it was replaced by you.

What does the shock and spring look like? The CBR had no ride height adjustment. See if the clevis has been shortened or if the spring has been cut.

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

FIRST!!!

To say Roman is a stand up guy!

In all farness, I have had the same thing happen when selling salvage bikes.
    there are things that we dont see immediately. If you personally went and picked upt the bike, knowing it was wrecked/salvage, NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING!

The fact that he offered money for another frame suggests e is trying to make something out of a bad situation.

If he were a liar or thef, he would not ahve been emailing back and forth 40 times.!

14. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

Holy Shit Batman!! Didn't Mongo say something about going on a banpage today? Maybe he's ready for something like this. Let the the shit start flying :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  15. I don't think the issue is the fact that shit wasn't 100%. As a wrecked bike, that is to be expected.

I think the issue is that he was allegedly told all important components are straight. Personally, i think the frame is pretty important.

If he had been told "look man, the bike is pretty fucked up....but i will sell it to you if you want it" or "this shit might be bent, you should have it checked out", that is one thing; but saying the bike is straight when it isn't is another thing.

16. G2G

G2G I feel the need

What the hell did you expect for $1000??? There is a reason it was a salvage title bike. Do you think bikes are perfectly straight when they are recently wrecked??? That is the reason it was so cheap.

17. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Never take your eyes off your opponent, even when you bow.

18. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

I'm pretty sure he expected a bike with only plastic damage, like the ad said. :confused:

19. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

here we go.............