1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

All are Indo-European except Basque and share a common ancestor, proto Indo-European. There are grammatical and lexigraphical similarities between all of them, especially between the germanic and romantic groups which goes without saying. There are linguistic similarities between the groups as well, especially when accounting for the historical vowel and consonant shifts that make the germanic languages germanic. Jakob Grimm (the fairy tale guy) was the first to determine what the shifts were ('b, d, g, to p, t, k). Studying germanic languages and the historical germanic languages (old English, Frisian, old high and low german) as well as the romance languages then Latin, it all slowly blends together. The the older the European languages are, the more grammatical and linguistic similarities they share.
    Frater (Latin) and bruder(sp?) germanic are almost different dialects of an older mother language, proto Indo-European.

English has a heavy Norman influence (French). About 50% of English vocabulary has latin origin.

The English vocabulary is also twice the size of any other spoken language, partially due to the mixing of old English and French, but also due to English's ability to absorb and create words. For example, 'Let me Google that,' 'She texted me earlier', and 'That dude got totally Babuska'd on that deal'.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

That's the funny thing is that linguistically English is a combination of structures from Germanic and Latin based (verbs & tenses) as well as the sentence structure is mixed (slavic/germanic and latin).

More of a hodge podge than most.

terminus est likes this.
  3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

WTF are you jibber jabberin about up there? All them typie words sayn stuff about foreigners,and hippie type sentences.
    Are you on the marijuana,or spending too much time on the robot box peckin at them letters?
    Do you have a beard,but don't own a truck,or drive on paved streets?:Poke:

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol

5. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

You keep saying you're done yet you keep posting. So which is it? Done or not done? :Poke:

If you want to meet in person I am sure we can organize an intervention for you at the track. Just let us know the dates and locations and I am sure that many people here will be more than happy to meet with you and help you come to your senses. ;)

6. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Dude. Seriously. Give it up. I met you at Jennings GP many years ago and I thought you were a stand up guy who corners low. After this bullshit I hope we never cross paths again.

OP got screwed plain and simple and the verdict was delivered in a court of law. You are comparing apples to oranges. So what you are saying is it's OK to screw someone over as long as it's not too hardcore? Get a fucking clue douchenozzle.

You need to spend more time "out riding dirtbikes" than posting on the BBS defending lying cheating scumbags. Your reputation has already been ruined and I am sure you have lost business because of it. Go seek professional help and get on some medication that will help you to be less of a douche.

The End

Rebel635, Slider82, Pixelator and 4 others like this.
  7. He‘s also saying that people who trust others in the racing community are idiots to do so. That alone would make me avoid doing business with him.

Pixelator and assjuice cyrus like this.
  8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

There is a very good book by Bill Bryson "Mother Tongue" about the development of the English language.

terminus est likes this.
  9. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Yawn ......

10. You're basically the same as a weird-looking worm that crawled out from underneath a rock. After a few minutes of examination and mild torture, you're no longer interesting.

If you're lucky, you won't get smashed with the rock :D

11. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

College. I'm a language nerd. I get excited about that shit for some reason. I've picked up a few languages fluently (Spanish and Italian) and have studied a few more. For the record, I own a truck, have a beard, and drive on paved roads. Ask me a linguistic question and the damn floodgates open and I'll yammer on for 30 minutes. I can't help it.

12. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Do people enjoy Haskewing themselves on the internet for everyone else's enjoyment?

'Hmm, I'll think I'll get online and expose myself for being the babuskaing punk that I am.'

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. Over the years we've had a lot of people come here to do exactly that. It's the best thing about the Beeb!

Pixelator likes this.
  14. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

This perfectly sums up the gravity of this thread for so many. Myself included!

15. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Oh man... if we got MARK TOADVINE into this thread it would set it off again perfectly!!! It would be amazing, def good for another 100 pages.

:eek::eek::eek:

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

We are going to need something. CR, the Corner Low guy, Shervin, Lethal Rog' maybe? I still think there is a bounty out for anyone who shits in Broome's RV that hasn't been claimed.

Bruce and badmoon692008 like this.
  17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Amazing that no bullshit popped out that time.
    You are improving and learning.

Although, you still owe @BamBam212 and others money, at least you've learned (maybe, but doubtful) to stop digging.

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I am one of the few on here who actually paid attention to what you wrote and found it very informative.

slimjim00, Phl218 and terminus est like this.
  19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Toadvine and me are facebook friends. Y'all want me to ax him if he wants to join in?

20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Get out of here with all this language BS! This here's a thread for stabbin mofo's with pitchforks, not debating language nuances :Putter:

Pixelator likes this.