1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush.. the total dud?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Joss, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

The sheer balls this President has is amazing. He is betting his entire place in history - hero or fool - on this action. He has said there were WMD's in Iraq and it looks like he may be correct. He has said there are Iraqi links to Al Queda and that may be unfolding as well.

I also find it rather amazing that a man who, at times, speaks as poorly as President Bush has, could have overcome this and amassed the team and means to have won all the way through to the White House. To read through some of his quotes... and to have watched him, often painfully, speak in person; it says volumes for the American people to have chosen him as their president in spite of this. There is so much about this man that is continually underestimated by his foes.... obviously to their peril.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2003
  2. edub

edub Well-Known Member

BRAVO!!!!

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Edited because I can sometimes mis read a post. Sorry Joss.

4. edub

edub Well-Known Member

Dave retracted his so I geuss I'll retract mine.......By the way my "Bravo" was sarcastic as well.....

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i interpreted this as kudos.

6. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

:confused:

Scuse me, Dave.

What I wrote was meant as a compliment to the audacity of this President and to the American people that selected him in spite of the challenge he sometimes has getting his message out. Too often, the lightweights among us look at him superficially.

7. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

ya know, I think I am going to enjoy the IGNORE feture. One guess who makes that list.:D

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Joss, I'm sorry, I miss read your post. I'll edit my previous post.

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I believe Joss was being sarcastic and is showing support for Bush. I for one don't give a crap how well he speaks in public. Clinton is one of the best public speakers this country has known and he is a total POS that is an actual genius.

Isn't Bush an Ivy League graduate? You know what they call the medical school graduate with the lowest grade point?.... Doctor. ;)

10. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

"OOOHHHH Dave you big manly politician groupie you.....how many politicians dicks have you sucked today?"

Golly, edub. You really shined a light on your intellect with that last comment. This is supposed to cause you to be taken seriously?

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Yeah, I had to read it twice! Makes a good point.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Amatuer. Come back when your mommy let's you stay out after dark.

13. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Sorry for the confusion. My point is that Bush often DOES flub his lines. Yet the American people chose him as President in spite of this.... based on the character of the man within.

14. edub

edub Well-Known Member

That was a bit harsh...but with your chest all puffed out like that I couldnt help myself......I did retract if you didnt notice....My mommy told that wasnt a nice post....:( :(

15. pseudocode

pseudocode Well-Known Member

This is right on the money. Before the last elections, Bush was compared to Gore often in terms of his lack of intellect and his less-than-mastery of the English language (yes - I too cringe when he says, "nucular".) But what many failed to see is that effectiveness as a president doesn't necessarily require you to be a Rhodes Scholar (check the history books on Clinton in a few years when all the facts are dicovered and the spin is unspun.) Whether you agree with him or not, you have to admit that Bush has values and makes decisions based on those values. He doesn't deviate. He doesn't look at the polls to see which way the wind is blowing. It may very well cost him a second term - but so be it. I respect him all the more for it.

16. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

"He doesn't deviate. He doesn't look at the polls to see which way the wind is blowing. It may very well cost him a second term - but so be it. I respect him all the more for it."

You know, another that seems to apply to is Tony Blair. He always seemed to be so tight with Clinton that I had written him off as just a lightweight.

But he is sticking with us on this even though it is costing him dearly at home. Damn but you got to admire the guy for that. He can always stay at my house if he gets kicked out at 10 Downing.

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

it's amazing what can come from sanity, and reality. versus idiocy and theology. ;)

18. JT750

JT750 Well-Known Member

Correction

Although I agree with your assesment to a certain degree with his performance to date, it should be pointed out that the statement above is technically incorrect. The majority of American voters actually voted for Gore, but Bush won the electoral college therefore awarding him the presidency. *This is not an anti-Bush statement, simply a correction.* :D

John Walsh

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

The alternative would have been getting this gut feeling that you were watching "Sesame Street" every time there was a presidential address on the television! :)

20. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

"The majority of American voters actually voted for Gore, but Bush won the electoral college therefore awarding him the presidency."

Because we are a nation of laws which belong to the people, the product of our selection process is assignable as the choice of the people.

If the people were NOT satisfied with the process, they would have changed it.