1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush Or Kerry

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by guerrilla, Mar 22, 2004.

?

How are you going to vote in NOVEMBER?

Poll closed Nov 17, 2004.
  1. George W Bush

27 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. John Kerry

21 vote(s)
    35.6%
  3. Undecided

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. Independent Candidate

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Do not plan on voting

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. Other

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

OKAY SO IT WILL SOON BE TIME TO MAKE THE CALL. I would like to start an UNOFFICIAL poll as to whom you are going to vote for. NO RESPONSE IS NECESSARY Simply make your selection in the poll and move on!

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

As of 0945 Eastern Time it was tied at 4-4. I guess most of you radical right wingers and rednecks haven't woken up yet. :D :

Sorry Guerilla, I couldn't help myself!

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

This liberal redneck had chores to get done this mornin' afore he could start the day's amusement...

:p

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We conservative have to get to work and bust our asses so you tree hugging, birkenstock wearing, hairly legged hippy chick chasing liberals can stay home and lounge around and smoke hippy drugs. :D

Whoa man, quit harshing on me man, jobs are a way for the man to keep you down. :D :Poke:

5. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Not much to think about really.

And, if I might add a little poll humor.

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES

A teacher in a small Vermont town asks her class how many of them are John Kerry fans. Not really knowing what a John Kerry fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raise their hands except one boy. The teacher asks Johnny why he has decided to be different.

Johnny says, "I'm not a John Kerry fan."

The teacher says, "Why aren't you a John Kerry fan?"

Johnny says, "I'm a George Bush fan."

The teacher asks why he's a George Bush fan.

The boy says, "Well, my mom's a George Bush fan and my dad's a George Bush fan, so I'm a George Bush fan!"

The teacher is kind of angry, because this is Vermont, so she asks, "What if your Mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?"

Johnny says, "That would make me a John Kerry fan

6. guerrilla

Again this is not a place to debate who should be president. Just vote and go about your business. A little soft hearted humor is a welcome treat! :)

7. dokkie

dokkie Member

US politics.... Very different from our local stuff in the Netherlands. I think I would prefer Kerry.
    I'm fed up with George W!

8. THE D.O.C.

THE D.O.C. Guest

Yeah. Cause' Bush has really messed his life up over in the netherlands.

9. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

And you'll excuse us if we don't give two shits what the Netherlands position is on the US Presidential race.

Because while you might be fed up with George W., we as a nation are fed up with European wankers who couldn't keep their own house in order if their life depended on it.

10. THE D.O.C.

THE D.O.C. Guest

11. dokkie

dokkie Member

I can imagine your point of view. Please realise that the European countries differ very much. The only thing we have in common over here is the €. What 's bothering you guys most regarding political issues in Europe?

12. The #1 reason to re-elect George Bush is because it pisses off my wife's friends and relatives back in Germany.

:D

13. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

$1.5 trillion in trade obviously means the EU's (and the Netherlands) opinion is very important.

Are there any countries that you as a nation aren't fed up with?

14. THE D.O.C.

THE D.O.C. Guest

Israel. :D (they know how to treat a terrorist)

15. dokkie

dokkie Member

I'm especially fed up with the Netherlands. We are crowded with foreigners in our country. Do you know which boys' name is most common overhere: Achmed. Mailings from local authorities start with comment in Arabic language, at the bottom there are also some lines in Dutch.

When I 'm on duty as an MD, the waiting rooms are crowded with aggressive Marokkans (people from he state of Maroq in Africa, I don't know how you would call them). Yesterday one of my collegues was slugged by a Marokkan man because he made an attempt to shake hands with his wife, when he entered the consulting room... (no respect for his culture was his comment, when arrested by the police)

My post in this thread is mainly curiousity... I've been two times in the US and I think you guys live in a beautiful country and most Americans I met were very friendly and helpfull.

I think I should move to my relatives living in Michigan... But the work as an M.D. seems hazardous: malpractice and lawyers are no issue in the Netherlands..

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  16. guerrilla

No offense dokkie but I would guess if your primary concern is the issue of malpractice...we might not want you here. :D

Truthfully though. All are WELCOME in the U.S. the world knows that. Sure you will run into the occasional Zenophobic REDNECK (Not sure how to explain that to a Dutchlander?) but for the most part we want as many USEFUL, TAXPAYING visitors as possible! Of Course Michigan ain't the most beautiful state in the Union. I'd suggest somewhere like Indiana! :Poke: :D

17. dokkie

dokkie Member

:p :)

(I'm familiar with the expression ...) Further on off-topic mode: No problems in the US with immigrants, who refuse to adapt and don't even speak English??
    I 've been in most of the states and I think if I had the opportunity to choose maybe I would go for Wyoming or Virginia. Seems ideal for motorcycle driving!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  18. The fastest-growing population segment in the US is Hispanic immigrants from Mexico and Central America. Most don't speak English. I wouldn't say that they "refuse" to adapt, but they do tend to stay focused on their own communities.

19. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

there was a study in the New England Journal showing that malpractice suits and the quality of medicine practiced by the doc had nothing to do with each other.

20. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Since Alfred E. Newman is not mentioned by name, should my choice in the poll be Independant or Other? :confused: