1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BT Battlax YCX slicks?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by rico750, Aug 30, 2010.

1. rico750

rico750 Well-Known Member

Anyone here can give me some feedback on the BT Battlax YCX slicks? I was thinking of picking up a set from someone and was wondering what you guys here thought of those? And maybe how they are compared to the Michelin power race tires.

180/640 R17 NHS R04Z YCX (Medium)

Thanks!

Rico

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  2. Europa

Europa Open The Throttle

They work great and cost a few bucks less, your geometry will stay the same as with the Michelin's so you wont have to fool with it. I have run three sets so far this year and I love them. Nothing out of the ordinary as far as wear goes you get two rears to one front. I got 4 track days on the last rear. I never had as much as a slide. Awesome grip, all in a a really good tire. Try a set I know you wont go back.

3. rico750

Cool i will! just got me a set! cant wait to try 'm

4. rico750

any idea what pressure to run these? cold pressure?

5. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

What temp is your track going to be at?

I always check them coming off the track. Given good warm temps, I'll run 31F/29R. On a cool morning, green track, I'll start off with 29F/27R.

6. Europa

Europa Open The Throttle

+1

You never want either to go over 31psi off the track. If they do bring the pressures down. I set mine a 29F/26R and leave them on the warmer for at least 1 hour. 30F/29R seems to work for me. They are great in the sense that you don't have to micro manage the pressures like the Michelin's which are sensitive to as little as 1/2 a pound of pressure.

:beer:

7. Cloudsplitter

Cloudsplitter Active Member

+1

I ran a set of these on my Ducati 848. I got 5 track days out of them. Oddly enough I ate up the front pretty good but the rear has good tread left on it. Some fellow Duc riders tell me our bikes our notoriously hard on fronts. One way or another I'll have my suspension pro look at my set up. I have the stock bodies with Ohlins 30mm carts and a TTX out back.
    Anyway, I was really happy with the grip of these tires and will use them again for sure. I've never used the Power Race so I can't compare. I agree with pressures listed above. I started 28 front and 27 rear cold, 31 front and 30 rear right off the track.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  8. rico750

well i drove them at Road atlanta and at Tally in the last month.. and i can say they are amazing! not 1 oops. supurb handeling and grip!

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I like them. Run them hard and let me know if you need more. BTW, YCX is the soft compound. YCY is the medium. YDC ultra soft.

Have fun

10. Europa

Europa Open The Throttle

Looks like we have another member to add to the Bridgestone Family. Cool
    YCX works for me here in the NE.

11. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Thread jack alert.
    Hey guy's, can ya'll tell me the compounds and or production date of my Battlax tire?
    The only identifying numbers on the rear are 180/640R17 T0401 R04Z
    Bridgestone Battlax Racing.
    Cheer's, Ciaran

12. stickboy274

The compound is a three letter code that's listed right after where it says "Bridgestone Battlax Racing" on the left side of the tire. The date code is over there also. 4 digit.

13. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

TAM 2209 (22nd week of 2009 ?)
    TAM is the compound?

14. stickboy274

Dat is right, TAM is not the compound. YCX is what you said the compound was. YDC, YCX, YCY are the compounds out there.