1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSA B33/B34

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Commander_Chaos, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Commander_Chaos

Commander_Chaos Hillbilly Genius

I have a B33 that I'm riding on the street and the clutch basket is pretty beat. I was wondering about upgrading to a gold star racing clutch. Anyone here know about this stuff?

2. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I don't know what you mean by a "Gold Star racing clutch." I have Gold Stars, and I race them, and I use a variety of different clutch arrangements, including belt drive setups. You have something in mind, but I'm not sure what that might be.

The stock B33 clutch is ok for a stock engine, and it is reliable and easy to work with. That said, there are a lot of different options, depending on what you are willing to do with the transmission and mainshaft. I suggest you discuss what you want to do with beano Rodi, Rodi's British Bikes, in Winder, GA. If you can't find a phone number, PM me and I'll put you in touch with him. Beano can quickly sort thru the various options based upon what you're willing to do, and then you can look for the appropriate bits. You should have a year for your bike when you discuss with Beano because simply saying "B33" covers a lot of different arrangements from 1949 thru 1960.

Cheers,

Dave

3. Commander_Chaos

Commander_Chaos Hillbilly Genius

Thanks for responding. I'm new to the B33 and figuring this stuff out. The previous owner (my dad) wanted to replace the original clutch basket but even though it was in sorry shape it was still better than the replacements he could find. My thinking was to upgrade to something made for the Gold Star because it would hopefully be well made and indestructible with the low power output of the B33.

Specifics on the bike are that it's a 54 with swingarm and I'd prefer something that didn't require other changes in terms of chain and shaft.