1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BRZ/FRS

Discussion in 'General' started by theJrod, Aug 14, 2012.

1. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Then get an FR-S... :up:

2. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I understand where you're coming from but the Justy, GL, Impreza were all offered 2WD as well.

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

No. my next car I buy will be a STI. I'm waiting for the next gen model to come out. Should happen right as my jeep lease ends:up: Don't get me wrong, I think the Toyotabaru is a nice little car, just not what I expected

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Funny really that the tests in the glossies all say to buy the Subaru. For like a grand you get all the cool goodies (leather, nav, big ghey chrome shift knob).

To bad they saddled the Toyota version with that stupid Scion name.

5. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I drove my friends fr-s a few days ago at MSR (houston) fun fun car for being totally stock (including the pads)
    200 hp is plenty in that car....its more fun to drive a slow car close to its edge on the track than put put around in a fast car

6. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Heard one go by

the other day, and given that it's a boxer engine, totally suprised it did not have the same annoying, flat(ulent) drone of an exhaust note that to me has always been a huge detraction from Subaru's.

Some feller at one of my accounts mentioned that the crank was different (phasing?) so did not fire like the Su-Bi's, even though same engine layout.

Cars do look pretty cool, gotta say...

7. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Brz sti?? :)

8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Well 911's have a boxer engine, i know they are 6 cilinders and that makes a huge difference, but they sound nothing like wrx's.
    I actually love the sound of 911's

9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Its the unequal length headers on most of the Subaru's that do that. Put aftermarket equal length headers on them and they sound like any other boxer.

10. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Love the car , but not willing to pay 26k for a car with only 200 hp.

11. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Kinda answered

your own statement, but also something else to consider is crankshaft phasing: The first gen ('83) VF750F Interceptor Honda's sounded like ass. The next gen ('86) VFR750's sounded much better. I can never remember which one had the 180* crankshaft and which one didn't...

12. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

Underpowered cars are more fun with inadequate tyres! :Poke:

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I took one for a very short test drive, but I came away very impressed. It's initial turn-in was the best I've ever driven. I like the fact that it doesn't have much grip either, as it'll make it easy to toss around.

14. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Fun car, here's one of my reviews. http://bit.ly/NpdsKB

The car handles well
    isn't fast, but it's fun
    can't truly be boosted in current form due to 12.5 compression ratio.
    The engine noise in the cab from the car is artificial (sound resonator)
    The block is subby, the direct injection is Toyo and the car is a pretty good marriage of both brands.

I'd buy one for a fun weekend/track/hooning car.

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Nowadays it's ALL about EPA ratings.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

So, who bought one(BRZ), what for tires would you be getting?

17. The_Dude

The_Dude Well-Known Member

I own one, have zero negatives. They're incredible handling cars, not going to win many drag races... But the handling makes up for the lack of power and then some. Probably the funnest car I've ever owned! Do it, do it!

18. The_Dude

The_Dude Well-Known Member

I put 18x8.5 wheels, 225/40/18 tires... Wished I would have gone with 235, only because the car sees the track.

Check out motortrend's "Best drivers car" shoot out, Randy Probst said it was incredible, and spoiler alert it beat over 1 million dollars worth of cars.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Fast bikes have ruined fast cars for me. Unless we're talking 3000 pounds and 500HP I'm not interested.

20. caferace

caferace No.

I drive a '93 Impreza (non-AWD) as my daily beater driver. And it's still hella fun.

-jim