1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BRITT......

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Because Aluminum... Professionally Welded?? Not being a dik, but that Repair weld looks cold as a dead armadillo... which would indicate a lack of penetration and no happy ending..

The cracking in the center of the weld is an indicator of this.. both in the original welds, and repairs, additionally the resultant cracks can and are very likely a result of that same lack of penetration.
    I will look closer when I get back down to the house.. Mongo Right Working.

Sent from a TinCan in a ChickenHouse...

2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Thank you Britt!!!!!!!!! Look forward to more info <3

3. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Good lord! Those are some ugly welds...

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

yeah, i am rethinking....i think this pic was actually taken after the first weld repair, cause i now think remember the 2nd time he welded it, he welded aluminum plates over the X-shaped-cracks on the bottom. The 3rd welding was my welds and just as bad. I must have been stripping it in these pics to take it over to him the second time. Not 100% sure anymore. Maybe I welded the plates on it, i think he did though.

In the last pic, to the left of the X-crack, you can see it was cracking coming out of the inserted-gromit. Thats not even a stress area......that doesnt even make any sense to me. I think that aluminum was brittle from the factory, unless that gromit crack can be explained.
    F@ck that bike/frame gave me heartache. I shoulda bought a R6, lol

Valves seats kept breaking too....tips of the valves would break off.