1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestone Bt002

Discussion in 'Tech' started by vietnow, Jan 7, 2008.

1. bluedevil

bluedevil Well-Known Member

Love my Bridgies.... Been riding them for going on 5 years now since they were 001's. Ill again be riding them in 2008. Pressures Ive used begin at 31/29 when its full on hot outside... I rarely go above but drop pressure ever so lightly when it gets cold out...

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

5 years, it sounds like you came in during the 001 pro's when they got rid of the center groove on the tires. Before that we had the bt-58's.

We sure have come a long way.

3. warlord385

warlord385 Active Member

I have a question for you stickboy! I have some bt-002 type 4 front and rear. what cold pressure and hot pressures should i be looking for? Also what is the best temperature operating range for these tires? thanks. i'm just confused cause some people tell me pressures for the RS and not the DOT race tires. I need to the numbers for the the dot race. Cold and hot pressures range and working temp range. Thanks!

4. vietnow

vietnow Well-Known Member

what are the pressures for street use?

5. kawi jm

kawi jm Well-Known Member

I'm not Stickboy, but I'll do my best.
    cold = 28psi front & 25 psi rear
    warmers (wheel warm) = 30psi front & 29 psi rear
    hot (directly off track) = 32 psi front & rear

Derek or Quentin I am sure will chime in. These are the pressures that are working for us down here in Texas. This past race weekend Bridgestone won 10 out of 14 novice races and swept 2 novice podiums. In the CMRA, that is.

John

6. stickboy274

That's the same thing we use over here. It lets the tire get a good size contact patch. That makes for good grip.

7. theQman23

theQman23 Racer's Choice for TIRES

Our pressures up north get screwy because the asphalt doesn't hold as much heat and isn't as abrasive. Whatever track you go to talk to the Bstone rep that services that track, you'll never go wrong.
    -Quentin

8. plantfall

plantfall Well-Known Member

Quentin, I had no idea you were so close to my home, I live in Severna Park. I planned to run Bstone slicks this year on the SV but now I'm not sure what to do. Should I look to change out my stock SV rear wheel with a wheel a little wider or just run the 165 on the stock wheel. I'm not that fast on the SV (my best lap at Summit is a low 1:24), what are your thoughts on this. I have been runnig the Michelins Race & the C2s for a couple of races. I have been racing a while but I swear I have a lot to learn.

Tony
    CCS EX28

9. theQman23

theQman23 Racer's Choice for TIRES

Dear Plantfall, of course the best thing to do is give me a call. I am in the tire office/bike shop from m-f 9-6 at 410-437-6611 and my cell is 410-227-tire. Call me and I'll go over the differences in the products, pros,cons, costs, and we'll put together the right options for you.
    Thanks so much,
    -Quentin
    Mize Mobile LLC

10. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

The 165 slick works great on teh OEM SV wheel...no need for a bigger one. However, there are ready-made spacer kits available from Zoran that allow the easy fitment of an F3 rear, which is an even better fit.

11. stickboy274

The 165 will win races for you. No problem.

12. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Dang! I got all hard and excited thinkin' a true race DOT by B'stone (size 160) was gonna be in the U.S.

If it's earlier in this thread, just say so but whadda youz guyz recommend when ya gotta use a DOT time?

Then again, Michelin doesn't offer the PR5 in the 160 size either. What's the B'stone equivalent to a Power Race (med/soft) & PRC or PR1?

TIA

13. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

I SAID Stick:tut: What're the rest of you V boyz doin' jumpin' over here :D

14. stickboy274

People all over want to be me. It's just one of those things.

I'm hoping to have something to report on this before to long, but they are trying to find something good for us to use.

15. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

I feel ya 'bout waitin' for the latest word. But just in case and/or until then, what DOT race combo do you reco for 160?

16. stickboy274

The 120 002 front, and the 090 rear, or the Michelin rear with the 002 front.

17. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

EXCELLENT! [rubbing my hands and sounding like Mr. Burns] :D

18. stickboy274

Do I have to be Smithers?

19. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Don't have a cow, man!

20. stickboy274