1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridegestone vs Dunlop

Discussion in 'Tech' started by kangasj, Mar 10, 2004.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Anyone know how the Bridgestone profile compares to the Dunlop profile........Standard 120x180 tire sizes?

Tks

2. bent

bent Well-Known Member

pretty similar to me the front on the 001 is pointed more. the new 002 is supposed to be more rounded.

3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Thanks Bent, what about carcass stiffness? Reason I ask...I tried some Perillis last year (normally a Dunlop type of guy)and totally couldn't run them without changing geometry. Front end felt awful. I kind of like the looks of the Bridgestone contingency package...

4. bent

bent Well-Known Member

the stones seem to move around a little more id say they flex more. seems to flex more on the rear. front seems ok. i switched last year and there not too bad. there much cheaper, but i think the 002 will be nice.

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Hey, why didn't you just ask me, or all those T-bone guys. I sell them and they all use them.

I told you last year to give me a try and if you keep dropping beer off at my pits like you did at the GNf you might even get a good price.

803-413-0721

6. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Hey Stick, what up? You've got all the T-bone guys in your pocket. I was trying to get unbiased info:p . I'm definitly going to give them a whirl. I'll give you a call before I get started for the season. I'll send you an order for a few sets. Will take your beer order then ;). You don't make it up to the NC region much do you?

7. stickboy274

I don't think they will let me come up there since I was born and raised here in SC.

Besides I have a theory that anywhere the time changes or you can't order sweet tea is controlled by commies.

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Great, and I don't have any confederate money either. Trade you a chicken for a pair of slicks

9. stickboy274

We don't use that stuff any more, as far you know.

Will the chiken still be alive, or will you have it ready to eat?