1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo Rotors T-Drive compare to floating rotors

Discussion in 'Tech' started by chefr1, Jan 17, 2011.

1. chefr1

chefr1 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me the difference between Brembo HP floating rotors compare to Brembo HP T- Drive rotors. Which one is better? Also am i correct in saying that R1 07/08 share the same size rotors as the 09 R1 right? Thanks for your imput.

2. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

2004-2011 R1's are all same front brake rotors.

3. RFORC1

RFORC1 Well-Known Member

04-06 are 320mm, 07-11 are 310.

4. chefr1

chefr1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Rforc1,
    dealer said the same thing. So can u guys tell me which rotors are better?

5. RFORC1

RFORC1 Well-Known Member

I can't offer any advice to which is better. But from what I've seen, most of the newer sbk's use the T style, rather than the buttons. That being said, I have button style floaters on both of my bikes, and I have no complaints.

6. chefr1

chefr1 Well-Known Member

thanks for the advise, I was looking on ebay and it seem right that SBK uses the T-Drive for more track than street as it is made to bit better when braking at higher speeds were the button ones are good but more used for the street bike. Either way I can not go wrong with either one.

Thanks Again

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

sorry my bad/fast typing. I meant they are the same bolt pattern/offset. I have the older 04-06 Brembo's on my 09 R1 front end on my 07 R6.

You can put the 320mm on any of they years, but yes the 07+R1's and 06+ R6 will need 5mm spacers on the calipers to run a 320mm disc.

Basically the 06-11 R6 and 07-11 R1 are 310mm and the 04-06 R1 are the 320mm, but all are compatible/swappable (if you have 5mm spacers)

I prefer the 320mm in the Brembo or ABM rotors. I have a set of like new (1 trackday) Brembo 310mm rotors for sale. Fit 06-11 R6 and 07-11 R1's if interested pm me. They are the original hp style, 1 trackday @20laps on them.

9. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

The T drive rotors use a slightly narrower friction surface, and a slightly more aggressive hole pattern.
    This results in a lighter disc.

10. chefr1

chefr1 Well-Known Member

Hey there is a guy selling brembo rotors from his GSXR 1000 which are 310mm. Does anyone know if these will fit my 09 R1 since it take a 310mm but wondering if the hole patterns are different or the same as my bike. Thanks for r help.

11. RFORC1

RFORC1 Well-Known Member

I doubt the bolt spacing is the same. Best thing to do would be to check part numbers for whatever year gix1k he's got against the 07-11 R1..

12. RFORC1

RFORC1 Well-Known Member

13. RFORC1

RFORC1 Well-Known Member