1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo Rear Caliper 2006 GSXR 1000?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by jasonhise, Feb 13, 2020.

1. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

Will this P/N fit my 2006 GSXR 1000 with stock rear brake caliper bracket or does it need a specific bracket? P/N I am questioning is: "18D23" Any help is greatly appreciated. My Google skills apparently suck today.

2. jasonhise

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm not aware of any Brembo calipers that will line up with the OEM GSXR hanger. I have seen some of those hangers for sale on the cheap on eBay from time to time.

jasonhise likes this.
  4. jasonhise

I took a gamble on this thinking it will fit as per conversation with guy selling it. Seemed somewhat knowledgeable, but I trust you guys here waaay more. If it's not a direct bolt on, guess I am searching for a bracket... More to follow.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

jasonhise likes this.
  6. jasonhise

Looks like 84mm spacing and I need the bracket or one similar listed above. Anyone have one for an 05/06 GSXR 1000? Figured I would try here first...

7. jasonhise

Just bit the bullet and paid for an adapter bracket... Thanks for the help and link @SPL170db

8. 57x

57x Out riding

I run the same bracket with a Brembo 84mm Ducati caliper. Throw away the pads it comes with and get something decent like Vesrah or CL.

jasonhise likes this.