1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brembo rcs 19 adjustable master cylinder

Discussion in 'Tech' started by slickp12, Feb 12, 2012.

1. slickp12

slickp12 Well-Known Member

so i am wondering if on an 08 r6 is this mod significantly better than stock master cylinder? jus wan a know if its worth the money> thanks

2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Once its paid for I think you'll say its worth it but kind of hard to justify up front. I love mine just for the adjustability as it seems my tastes vary day to day on what i want.

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Kinda depends on your riding.

Street? Trackdays? Racing? If racing, are you racing Superbike? You probably already know, but an upgraded M/C is illegal in SS classes.

If you're not concerned about being able to race SS classes and money really isn't an issue, I'd say get it no matter what the application.
    Can't really have too much good braking power.

I ran an 08 R1 M/C on one of my GSXR's before a Brembo 19x20 and yeah, the Brembo was a HUGE upgrade in performance and worth every penny for me.
    I know the R6 has better brakes to begin with than a GSXR though.

4. mpp12

mpp12 Well-Known Member

Thinking about it and has not decided betwen the accossato PRS and the RCS 19....

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'm a bit on the fence about the RCS also. Are there any features that make it significantly better than the standard Brembo 18x20 or 19x20 other than the adjustability? I had an 18x20 on my old race bike and i couldn't imagine having brakes any stronger than that.

6. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I think one major point is that the RCS isn't rebuildable here, has to be sent to Italy. I was also told that it doesn't feel truly like the setting it's a little "off". I don't have first hand experience so don't hold me to it.

7. munroe

munroe Active Member

I've been running the same rcs for 3 seasons on 2 different bikes, an 05 CBR600 and now my 09 ZX6r I found it way better than stock on both bikes and its survived more than its share of crashes.