1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo packaging...tech? Non-Tech?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Andymax, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Andymax

Andymax Well-Known Member

I wasnt sure where to post this inquiry, but figured you ladies and gentlemen would straighten me out if I got it wrong

Here's my situation/question: I had a couple hunnerd smackers worth of CycleGear gift cards and ended up buying a 19x18 Brembo Master for my track bike. When I went to the store to pick it up, the box had clearly been opened. The store manager explained that they needed to open it to get their invoice out, which was plausible because their wholesaler simply affixed a shipping label to the top of the Brembo box and shipped it to the store, which means the wholesaler opened the original Brembo box too.

My concern is that the box contained only the M/C w/lever...no documentation, instructions, warranty card, etc, and the ziploc bag it was in was unzipped. Its not that I really need any of that stuff, its more that now I'm suspect of this M/C...might it have been returned, etc? FWIW, it looks absolutely brand new. The plugs look new and undisturbed, no scratches, scrapes, etc. I paid full retail for this thing and I'm not sure thats what I got.

So this is the two-part question: first, for those that remember opening their new brembo , or you dealers out there that have access to new boxes, do you recall there being NOTHING BUT the M/C, or was there more? And secondly, if you were in this situation would you be concerned as I am?

Thanks for your input...

2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

When I bought my 19RCS, it came with an instruction sheet, the M/C + lever, the brake light switch and some go-fast stickers.

The 19x18 probably won't come with a brake light switch. Did you check under the foam for the paper/stickers?

3. Chip

Chip Registered

I sell bunches of them....no instructions etc is normal. The RSC master is packaged differently.

If it had fluid in it then that would be an issue. I wouldn't worry about it.

4. Andymax

Andymax Well-Known Member

thanks guys...I appreciate the responses...my concerns are alleviated.