1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bradley Smith why the promotion to MotoGP

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott47, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

Ok, he's currently 7th in points in Moto2, finished 7th last year. doesn't seem like the results that get you to the big show. What am I missing.

2. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

I don't understand why Smith is being given a GP ride, when there are others in Moto2 that are faster, and more consistent..?

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Apparently the ability to control the decisions of MotoGP teams.

I don't get it either but it's not my wasted money.

4. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

While I think everybody agrees, I do think Tech 3 runs their own chassis, so who knows how he really measures up. We will find out for sure next year.

5. precipitous

precipitous Well-Known Member

Yes, it's called the Mistrial. :D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because he's British and motogp needs at least one. Doesn't matter how he does.

They have two next year.

7. HiSpeed48

HiSpeed48 Well-Known Member

I don't see why either. But he did really well in 125 in 2009.

I guess they felt like trying something different. If you think about it, most (if not all) the rookies they have had were former WSBK riders...

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Why not Johnny Rea? Those announcers nearly lay an egg when he gains a position. :rolleyes:

9. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Combo of fast (top ten-er), money, & management is my guess.

A lot of people seem to think teams still just consider the first.

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

He's Irish for one LOL, but yes they british announcers love them some Rae

11. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Because he has the best part needed for a successful jump into motoGP, a good agent/manager.

Deal was inked a while ago.

But yea, I can think of a few moto2 riders that would be better suited.

12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Rea is going to be testing at Brno monday in place of stoner and will replace him for the next race or two if casey isn't cleared to race...

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I'd love to sea Rea podium. OMG!!!!!

14. racertex

racertex vintage dude

His deal was inked to ride one year for Tech3 Moto2 and then take Cal's spot in Motogp. Yes, it is their chassis, and they are really struggling with it. I was lucky enough to watch the Indy race with Brad's dad (Allan) in Indy and got some real incite. Team and Brad are working hard....and making the best of it. I peaked out of there when the one mechanic just couldn't watch anymore....and had his head in his hands. And finally, yes to well managed and financed.....plus he gets a lot of coverage over in UK and Europe....which is priceless to any team.

Nice kid who has his eye on the prize.....next year!